Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Following Minuteman's DO Guide, visited a physio

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Following Minuteman's DO Guide, visited a physio

    Hi!

    I've been following Minuteman's DO Guide for a couple of months now. For the last couple of weeks I stayed at level 1.3. The time I last during intercourse varied over last years, always being sub 5 min. In the last year it got worse, below 30sec.

    Recently I've got examined by a physio specializing in pelvic floor. Some findings and related questions:

    1. My pf muscle clench is strong but when I try to relax afterwards, the muscles stay clenched as if I was still using 30-50% force. The physio advised muscle relaxation via breathwork and yoga. I think that all my body muscles are relatively tense. Moreover, I have very tight hamstrings - maybe that contributes to the problem.

    I think that besides relaxation I'll need to modify the MM's routine and do more RK. Maybe there are some recommendations on how to mix that? I'm also happy to know any recommended ways for doing muscle relaxation - all of these need a lot of time so I want to be convinced that I'm spending my time well on that..

    2. The physio was skeptical about doing reverse root locks and claimed these might be unhealthy. They claim I shouldn't really move the muscles in the 'push it out' manner, especially if it's forcible as it might add some tension to my pf. Do you do reverse root locks forcibly or is it just a subtle movement, similar to reverse kegels?

  • #2
    IMHO, I think you'll end up completely screwed with all that "gymnastics". Push, pull, squeeze, contract... Oh man! Do some normal squats, lounges, abs, planks, push-ups... Calisthenics, you know?!

    I see you all so obsessed with this pelvic floor thing... It wont take you anywhere. You said so: from 5 minutes to 30 seconds currently. Do you need any more proof?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GeraltOfRivia View Post
      Hi!

      I've been following Minuteman's DO Guide for a couple of months now. For the last couple of weeks I stayed at level 1.3. The time I last during intercourse varied over last years, always being sub 5 min. In the last year it got worse, below 30sec.

      Recently I've got examined by a physio specializing in pelvic floor. Some findings and related questions:

      1. My pf muscle clench is strong but when I try to relax afterwards, the muscles stay clenched as if I was still using 30-50% force. The physio advised muscle relaxation via breathwork and yoga. I think that all my body muscles are relatively tense. Moreover, I have very tight hamstrings - maybe that contributes to the problem.

      I think that besides relaxation I'll need to modify the MM's routine and do more RK. Maybe there are some recommendations on how to mix that? I'm also happy to know any recommended ways for doing muscle relaxation - all of these need a lot of time so I want to be convinced that I'm spending my time well on that..

      2. The physio was skeptical about doing reverse root locks and claimed these might be unhealthy. They claim I shouldn't really move the muscles in the 'push it out' manner, especially if it's forcible as it might add some tension to my pf. Do you do reverse root locks forcibly or is it just a subtle movement, similar to reverse kegels?
      What is Do and MM's routine?

      What I read at least in the stickies expect some stretches do not do anything for you.
      Also RKs are not the solution, any kind, back or front, simply just something that temporarily relax your PF maybe if done lightly.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Anthony_gerio View Post
        What is Do and MM's routine?
        It's one of the routines presented on this forum, in my opinon one of the most well-written ones. https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...asm-guide.html

        My observation is that after I do some stretching or foam rolling, I last longer. Maybe this helps me relieve some tightness in my pf area, hard to tell it for sure. That's the reason why I'm thinking about doing some more muscle relaxation exercises and doing some more rk.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GeraltOfRivia View Post
          It's one of the routines presented on this forum, in my opinon one of the most well-written ones. https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...asm-guide.html

          My observation is that after I do some stretching or foam rolling, I last longer. Maybe this helps me relieve some tightness in my pf area, hard to tell it for sure. That's the reason why I'm thinking about doing some more muscle relaxation exercises and doing some more rk.
          yes, I mentioned, temporarily they may help.
          You need to learn how to walk first, before jumping. Forget about DO, MMO, or any other stuff. Focus on balancing your body. Read some of the threads with success stories on how people have transformed their bodies and automatically solved the problem, we have a few on site. You know stretching makes your condition better so it must do something with muscle issues. And muscle development (not building) in right places is the key to balanced body and flexibility. .

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GeraltOfRivia View Post
            Hi!

            I've been following Minuteman's DO Guide for a couple of months now. For the last couple of weeks I stayed at level 1.3. The time I last during intercourse varied over last years, always being sub 5 min. In the last year it got worse, below 30sec.

            Recently I've got examined by a physio specializing in pelvic floor. Some findings and related questions:

            1. My pf muscle clench is strong but when I try to relax afterwards, the muscles stay clenched as if I was still using 30-50% force. The physio advised muscle relaxation via breathwork and yoga. I think that all my body muscles are relatively tense. Moreover, I have very tight hamstrings - maybe that contributes to the problem.

            I think that besides relaxation I'll need to modify the MM's routine and do more RK. Maybe there are some recommendations on how to mix that? I'm also happy to know any recommended ways for doing muscle relaxation - all of these need a lot of time so I want to be convinced that I'm spending my time well on that..

            2. The physio was skeptical about doing reverse root locks and claimed these might be unhealthy. They claim I shouldn't really move the muscles in the 'push it out' manner, especially if it's forcible as it might add some tension to my pf. Do you do reverse root locks forcibly or is it just a subtle movement, similar to reverse kegels?
            Ok so if as Tony G suggests there is a significant muscle imbalance then the physio should have found it . Sounds like she came to the conclusion there is overall muscle tightness and that should be treated with amongst other things with stretches ,Yoga and breathwork all of which are in common use onsite . Guys on the pre e forum often use and rcommend various stretches and there is even a sticky . Yoga might also help you mellow which is a positive . It may be you are tensing due to stress though I would look also to diet .
            On question 2 reverse root lock is a type of reverse kegel . Now it can be used various way in mmo but at the early stages shoud be done lightly.

            Ok so your body has an excess of tension over relaxation rk are a type of stretch and in this case are meant t o help relax the body . I suggest you should increase the rk include rrl.

            Comment


            • #7
              I've been suspecting muscle imbalance for long time. I'm a relatively fit person but having slightly disproportionately overdeveloped leg muscles. This was actually the 5th physio I visited with my problem, and third one specializing in pelvic floor. None of them noticed any problems with my posture or muscle imbalance. Each of them suggested streches and/or relaxation and/or frequently changing positions at work (I work at my desk and sit most of the time).

              Tensing due to stress might also play a role here. My other observation was that I usually lasted noticeably longer while on vacation.

              Thank you all for the responses! I'm now more convinced to put more effort into targeting muscle tension.

              Special thanks to Pegasus for the diet suggestion! I haven't thought about it and will definitely look into that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GeraltOfRivia View Post
                I've been suspecting muscle imbalance for long time. I'm a relatively fit person but having slightly disproportionately overdeveloped leg muscles. This was actually the 5th physio I visited with my problem, and third one specializing in pelvic floor. None of them noticed any problems with my posture or muscle imbalance. Each of them suggested streches and/or relaxation and/or frequently changing positions at work (I work at my desk and sit most of the time).

                Tensing due to stress might also play a role here. My other observation was that I usually lasted noticeably longer while on vacation.

                Thank you all for the responses! I'm now more convinced to put more effort into targeting muscle tension.

                Special thanks to Pegasus for the diet suggestion! I haven't thought about it and will definitely look into that.
                You can compensate the posture by some stuff that PTs may not have been noticed. Bending the knee, uneven rotation of the shoulders etc. Or your body can compensate for it, like make the feet knocked or bowed, or creating some hump in the thoracic spine. Be careful about it. Or there are some other stuff.

                however, more than 95% of the times the issue is powerful flexors and quads and lack of power in glutes and abs. And maybe sometimes adductors.

                I used to be able squat kg180+. Because of powerful quads + hamstrings. But when I started to realize what are glutes and started to work on them, I found out they are functioning near to minimum for me. And they are so important in creating flexibility and PF development. Remember, a relaxed muscle should be developed, otherwise the muscle doesn't feel safe and contracts itself to protect itself.

                Comment

                Working...
                X