Take your own conclusions, as usual.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take your own conclusions, as usual.

I've been absent from this forum because I don't see enough things useful for my lifelong premature ejaculation (LLPE) problem.

I know, from previous interactions in the forum, that most of you guys are PPP believers: practice, practice, practice... jelqing, keggeling, start-and-stopping, squeezing, deep breathing, pulling testicles down and so on kind of guys. For me, this is all irrelevant, pointless and useless! I don't care if you accuse me of being lazy, of not doing my homework, on relying on a magic pill and stuff like that - the same I read in the past.

Anyway, from a rapid browsing in the forum, I didn't see nothing new and relevant here. No new supplement combinations and experiments, no new breakthroughs in this area. I've been taking Anafranil (clomipramine) for 15 years now, and I can say the medicine really works, although not as much as I would like: at least 10 minutes of unworried and satisfying sex. But at least it gives me an acceptable window of delay, somewhere along the 5-7 minutes mark.

I must state that I didn't start to take Anafranil specifically for LLPE (by no means this was my concern at that time), but for my anxiety problems (panic attacks and agoraphobia) and discovered its (lets say) "side effect" later. Because of other side effects (these ones annoying as f!!! - excessive sweating, gastric re-flux, dry mouth and consequent bouts of cough if I talk too much or sing anything), I decided to slowly decrease the medication to see how I would react to its absence from my organism, and for 2 months I completely stopped taking it, without major withdrawal symptoms but two: difficulty maintaining sleep/waking up too early and soft stools - the later, I've been battling with since my adolescence (I'm now 50 y/o), because anxiety/fear in me almost always results in feeling the need to go to the bathroom. It's a problem I may have to bare for my entire life.

Now for two other points: another side effect and a re-surging trait. I left out so far another "side effect" associated with this antidepressant because for me, in the light of what I just said, this "side effect" was truly a gift: constipation! Much has been said, in the last years, about the brain-gut connection. In the light of my personal experience, I really have no doubt that such a connection does exist; because one thing I've noticed while I was decreasing the medicine, back in September 2020, was that my stools became increasingly soft, to the point that I was again, going 2-3 times a day to the bathroom, just like the time prior to the onset of the treatment, somewhere in 2005/2006. And last, but not least, the rapid ejaculation trait: it too progressively returned to the same (base) level I've experienced all my life: the 1-2 minutes time span!

Coming off Anafranil was bearable for 2 months. I could live with the LLPE thing, since I've always been a shy guy (insecure and w/ low self-confidence) and never dated any woman. Having this negative self-image, and knowing that I couldn't last longer than 1-2 minutes with a woman in bed, through the years I became very resentful and somewhat hostile to women - the more beautiful and attractive they are, the more I hate them, and the more I hate myself for being so weak and having so much defects/shortcomings/limitations. LLPE just exacerbates this feeling! I could honestly be an INCEL (a term I recently discovered on the internet and with which i resonate in part - except for the hatred and violent actions touted towards women part) or a MGTOW guy, since my only option is to leave my life separate from social interaction, or at least minimizing it as much as I can, since I have nothing to give to a woman, and she would only laugh at me, humiliating me for sure.

After those 2 months off the Anafranil medicine, I had to restart taking it, because my intestinal problems and my anxiety where again robbing me of a functional degree of quality of life. First on 25 mg, for a couple of weeks (a slight nausea there, as I expected, having felt it back when I started the medication many years ago). Then 50 mg for another couple of weeks (and the excessive sweating also came back). And finally up to the 75 mg dose, with the sustained release pill. No more bathroom problems... and the occasional masturbation back to the 5-7 minutes mark. How I would love to take a daily pill with no side effects, that could give me the ability to love a woman at least for 10 consecutive minutes, without ejaculating too rapidly, too soon to enjoy a decent amount of pleasure, instead of the emptiness, the frustration and humiliation mother nature has reserved to me...

I'm currently weaning off Anafranil again and I'm already feeling the same process described above; but this time I have a different plan: I'm going to try either 5-HTP or SJW as a replacement for Anafranil and see if I can come up with a better balance between expected effects and unwanted effects. I truly believe the biological/medical approach is the only viable approach for treating LLPE. Everything else is a pure waste of time. Is pure self delusion.

Now that I've laid out my personal experience with medical substances, and my future plans, I'm going to list the main reasons why I think your PPP approach is doomed to failure:

1. Feng N, Gao M, Wu J, Yang G, Piao R, Liu P. Higher inter-hemispheric homotopic
    connectivity in lifelong premature ejaculation patients: a pilot resting-state
    fMRI study. Quant Imaging Med Surg. 2021 Jul;11(7):3234-3243. doi:
    10.21037/qims-20-1103. PubMed [citation] PMID: 34249649, PMCID: PMC8250033

2. Geng B, Gao M, Wu J, Yang G, Liu C, Piao R, Zhang S, Xu K, Yuan J, Liu P. Smaller
    volume and altered functional connectivity of the amygdala in patients with
    lifelong premature ejaculation. Eur Radiol. 2021 Apr 30. doi:
    10.1007/s00330-021-08002-9. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed [citation] PMID:

3. Zhao J, Ma Y, Zhai X, Li H, Wang Z, Chong T. Elevated free testosterone levels
    and reduced very low-density lipoprotein levels in men with lifelong premature
    ejaculation: a preliminary study. J Int Med Res. 2021 Apr;49(4):3000605211002681.
    doi: 10.1177/03000605211002681. PubMed [citation] PMID: 33884915, PMCID:
    PMC8072105

4. Raveendran AV, Agarwal A. Premature ejaculation - current concepts in the
    management: A narrative review. Int J Reprod Biomed. 2021 Jan 25;19(1):5-22. doi:
    10.18502/ijrm.v19i1.8176. eCollection 2021 Jan. Review. PubMed [citation] PMID:
    33553999, PMCID: PMC7851481

5. Xia JD, Chen F, Zhang QJ, Wang YM, Dai YT, Song NH, Wang ZJ, Zhang B, Yang J.
    Abnormal Thalamic Metabolism in Patients With Lifelong Premature Ejaculation. J
    Sex Med. 2021 Feb;18(2):275-283. doi: 10.1016/j.jsxm.2020.11.014. Epub 2020 Dec
    24. PubMed [citation] PMID: 33358559

6. Wang DQ, Jiao YT, Ling L, Wang JX, Niu YH, Tang Z, Chen YW, Gong JN, Wang T, Liu
    JH, Ling Q. Trio-based genome sequencing identifies candidate causal genes in
    lifelong premature ejaculation. Asian J Androl. 2021 May-Jun;23(3):333-334. doi:
    10.4103/aja.aja_57_20. No abstract available. PubMed [citation] PMID: 33106462,
    PMCID: PMC8152429

7. Ye N, Huang Y, Zhao H, Li G. Association between the serotonin transporter linked
    polymorphic region and lifelong premature ejaculation: An updated meta-analysis
    of case-control studies. Medicine (Baltimore). 2020 Oct 9;99(41):e22169. doi:
    10.1097/MD.0000000000022169. PubMed [citation] PMID: 33031260, PMCID: PMC7544385

8. Kalkanli A, Gezmis CT, Fikri O, Cilesiz NC, Ozkan A, Eroglu A, Aydin M. The
    effect of plasma melatonin levels in the treatment of lifelong premature
    ejaculation with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Andrologia. 2020
    Dec;52(11):e13785. doi: 10.1111/and.13785. Epub 2020 Aug 20. PubMed [citation]
    PMID: 32816318

9. Lu J, Yuan L, Jin J, Yang S, Zhang W, Li M, Zhang X, Wang J, Wu S, Chen Q, Qing
    Z, Dai Y, Zhang B, Wang Z. Brain Cortical Complexity and Subcortical
    Morphometrics in Lifelong Premature Ejaculation. Front Hum Neurosci. 2020 Jul
    22;14:283. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2020.00283. eCollection 2020. PubMed [citation]
    PMID: 32792928, PMCID: PMC7387657

10. Gao M, Feng N, Liu X, Sun J, Hou G, Zhang L, Yin H, Guo B, Wu J, Huang M, Yuan J,
    Guo J, Liu P. Abnormal degree centrality in lifelong premature ejaculation
    patients: an fMRI study. Brain Imaging Behav. 2021 Jun;15(3):1412-1419. doi:
    10.1007/s11682-020-00340-4. PubMed [citation] PMID: 32767047

11. Zhou K, Song Y, Lu Y, Yang Y, Wang X, Liu K, Liu X. Association between
    5-hydroxytryptamine transporter gene-linked promoter region polymorphism and the
    susceptibility of lifelong premature ejaculation: a meta-analysis involving 1,604
    subjects. Transl Androl Urol. 2020 Jun;9(3):1394-1404. doi:
    10.21037/tau.2020.03.39. Review. PubMed [citation] PMID: 32676424, PMCID:
    PMC7354312

12. Atik YT, Gokce A, Halis F, Cimen HI. Can low serum brain-derived neurotrophic
    factor levels be associated with lifelong premature ejaculation?; A pilot study.
    Andrologia. 2020 Nov;52(10):e13746. doi: 10.1111/and.13746. Epub 2020 Jul 12.
    PubMed [citation] PMID: 32654287

13. Zhang T, Tang D, Cai H, Zhang B, Yang Y, Zhang C, Zhao W, Zhu J, Zhang X, Yu Y.
    Selective Functional Hyperconnectivity in the Middle Temporal Gyrus Subregions in
    Lifelong Premature Ejaculation. J Sex Med. 2020 Aug;17(8):1457-1466. doi:
    10.1016/j.jsxm.2020.05.006. Epub 2020 Jul 2. PubMed [citation] PMID: 32624358

14. Gao M, Feng N, Guo B, Wu J, Sun J, Zhang L, Zeng X, Guo J, Yuan J, Liu P.
    Striatum-related Intrinsic Connectivity Deficits in Lifelong Premature
    Ejaculation Patients. Urology. 2020 Sep;143:159-164. doi:
    10.1016/j.urology.2020.06.001. Epub 2020 Jun 13. PubMed [citation] PMID: 32544552

15. Tang QL, Han YF, Song T, Dai YT. [Updated application of penile
    electrophysiological examination in the diagnosis and treatment of male sexual
    dysfunction]. Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2019 Jun;25(6):559-565. Review. Chinese.
    PubMed [citation] PMID: 32223094

16. Fu X, Zhang X, Jiang T, Huang Y, Cheng P, Tang D, Gao J, Du J. Association
    Between Lifelong Premature Ejaculation and Polymorphism of Tryptophan Hydroxylase
    2 Gene in the Han Population. Sex Med. 2020 Jun;8(2):223-229. doi:
    10.1016/j.esxm.2020.02.004. Epub 2020 Mar 10. PubMed [citation] PMID: 32169437,
    PMCID: PMC7261684

17. Gao M, Feng N, Wu J, Sun J, Zhang L, Guo X, Yuan J, Guo J, Liu P. Altered
    Functional Connectivity of Hypothalamus in Lifelong Premature Ejaculation
    Patients. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2020 Sep;52(3):778-784. doi: 10.1002/jmri.27099.
    Epub 2020 Feb 18. PubMed [citation] PMID: 32068927

18. Jiang M, Yan G, Deng H, Liang H, Lin Y, Zhang X. The efficacy of regular
    penis-root masturbation, versus Kegel exercise in the treatment of primary
    premature ejaculation: A quasi-randomised controlled trial. Andrologia. 2020
    Feb;52(1):e13473. doi: 10.1111/and.13473. Epub 2019 Nov 20. PubMed [citation]
    PMID: 31746051

19. Shechter A, Serefoglu EC, Gollan T, Springer S, Meiry G, Appel B, Gruenwald I.
    Transcutaneous functional electrical stimulation-a novel therapy for premature
    ejaculation: results of a proof of concept study. Int J Impot Res. 2020
    Jul;32(4):440-445. doi: 10.1038/s41443-019-0207-y. Epub 2019 Sep 30. PubMed
    [citation] PMID: 31570825

20. Uribe OL, Sandoval-Salinas C, Corredor HA, Martínez JM, Saffon JP. Transcutaneous
    electric nerve stimulation to treat patients with premature ejaculation: phase II
    clinical trial. Int J Impot Res. 2020 Jul;32(4):434-439. doi:
    10.1038/s41443-019-0196-x. Epub 2019 Sep 24. PubMed [citation] PMID: 31551577

(...)

These are just the last 20 scientific articles I came across in PubMed/NCBI. You can do the research yourself at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/. Just by the titles you can grasp prety much how pointless your fapping/jelqing/keggeling exercises are to treat lifelong premature ejacultaion. You definitely have a chance if you didn't suffer from this ailment in the past and suddenly found yourself at hands with the problem later in your life - the acquired PE type. Or if it is a changable trait - the intermitent PE type. But if you have suffered from this all your life, since adolescence, your odds in succeeding with the PPP approach are slim to none! It doesn't matter if you like it or not. That's just plane reality. It's not your fault, you just had the misfortune of beeing given a bad genetic card on your deck. Just like me.

Thus, I think you could do yourself a favour (and to this community) if you started to sistematically try any combination of medicines or supplements you could think of or grab your hands on, and report your results and personal experiences in this forum.

If you have any sort of, please let me know by sending me the link in response, in case I have missed it in this platform.
    Last edited by danielmarques; 07-23-2021, 04:53 PM. Reason: I forgot yo put the link for PubMed/NCBI

So the guys who have gotten help from their pe and they tell us that what was learned here was helpful they're lying? Well I don't call folks liars without proof. Now if what is taught here wasn't helpful to you I feel bad but I would wonder how much effort you actually put in. Only you know that. Now if I were to take a medicine with all the lovely side effects you listed well I simply would not take it and I'd still enjoy life and people, but hey that's just me.
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I guess they don't suffer from LIFELONG premature ejaculation. That's the point of my whole post. You have to separate the 3 or 4 types of PE if you want to get anywhere. It doesn't serves us any good if you mix all types, because they have different etiologies. It's like wanting to treat type I diabetes the same way you treat type II diabetes. It wont work!

Comment

Any number of guys with lifelong pre e helped by this site . They all had one thing in common a commitment to doing the work .
        Guys that want a pill that were half arsed or half hearted often failed .

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
          They all had one thing in common a commitment to doing the work .
          Guys that want a pill that were half arsed or half hearted often failed .
          Yeah, commitment... You sound like an evangelist! «All you need is faith. If you haven't achieved your goal, is because you haven't enough faith!» - sorry: «commitment».

I would love to see how many guys here have truly improved their condition with pelvic floor exercises and stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmarques View Post
            Yeah, commitment... You sound like an evangelist! «All you need is faith. If you haven't achieved your goal, is because you haven't enough faith!» - sorry: «commitment».

I would love to see how many guys here have truly improved their condition with pelvic floor exercises and stuff like that.
            Runs on the board if you look ask etc . Of course most guys get better and just leave .

So the number helped is unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmarques View Post
              I guess they don't suffer from LIFELONG premature ejaculation. That's the point of my whole post. You have to separate the 3 or 4 types of PE if you want to get anywhere. It doesn't serves us any good if you mix all types, because they have different etiologies. It's like wanting to treat type I diabetes the same way you treat type II diabetes. It wont work!

Well only you can say how committed your were or even if you tried what's presented here. You know some conditions can never be cured only controlled, like your anxiety. Maybe your pe is not curable or just maybe you just want n easy way out without work. Only you know that but if I had to bet I'd.....?
              The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Working...
              X