Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volume required for growth, manual stretching

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Volume required for growth, manual stretching

    Just curious what everyone thinks about total volume per week. How much volume on average would you need to make gains doing manual stretches. I know lifting weights isn't the same as PE but there's a certain amount of volume per week that you need to make adaptations and growth, is there any correlation there?

  • #2
    What exactly do you mean by volume?
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by allaccm View Post
      Just curious what everyone thinks about total volume per week. How much volume on average would you need to make gains doing manual stretches. I know lifting weights isn't the same as PE but there's a certain amount of volume per week that you need to make adaptations and growth, is there any correlation there?

      I like these tough questions. They are always good ones. Questions about how much is necessary - just really hard to give clear and generalized answers because we are all doing variations on a theme.

      I've gained erect length from manual stretching. My gains came as increments while training at wide intervals over the past 3 years.

      I believe that whatever is causing the gains, it's a much different process than muscle mass training. My initial gain came almost suddenly and surprisingly by Day 19. It was a 3/8 inch gain in erect length.

      The main thing is to keep working on the grip and making sure you are stretching deeper target tissues rather than just skin. I believe an overhand grip (palm pronated) placed just behind the glans is the best way to put a stretch on the full length of the target tissues.

      Grip is really the key to everything.

      In terms of time, I still set my stop watch and just keep alternating hands for 30 minutes. Every day for 6 weeks. The gains come within 3 weeks. The remaining 3 weeks are about mainenance and cementing. That's my own pattern. The total time under load varies from session to session, but I put in the 30 minutes of alternations. Each stretch ranges from 30 to 120 seconds - it always depends on the quality of my grip and how well my hand muscles and finger joints are tolerating the grip.

      I did not experience continuous gains like you might see from muscle mass training with sustained training. Eventually this initial gain capped out at 7/16 inch and then stopped dead. This is typical from what I've found in the forums. I tried and tried to bust that plateau. No dice and my hands were shot. But when I came back to it 8 months later I was able to gain another 1/4 inch doing exactly the same thing. Apparently the long term break renewed whatever the cause of that initial gain was.

      I hope this might give you insight into your own future. Gaining can be a lot of fun.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by allaccm View Post
        Just curious what everyone thinks about total volume per week. How much volume on average would you need to make gains doing manual stretches. I know lifting weights isn't the same as PE but there's a certain amount of volume per week that you need to make adaptations and growth, is there any correlation there?
        There will never be an answer to this question that works for everyone.

        I would suggest keeping a log and starting with a beginners routine ad monitoring your personal indicators.

        If your EQ suffers, you are doing to much.
        Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

        Comment


        • #5
          This is something one has to discover for themselves by starting from a minimal level of volume and training until the point of equilibrium. This is when the work becomes challenging, but not so difficult it forces a peak in conditioning.

          From there, it becomes easier to set up the training into cycles where you can force peaks in volume and intensity for maximum gains.
          Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

          The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

          25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
            What exactly do you mean by volume?
            I just mean if you did 10 minutes of manual stretching 5 days a week that would add up to 50 minutes total volume, but you didn't gain so you do 15 minute sessions for a total volume of 75 minutes a week and you made progress. Eventually when you stall out would you increase time (volume) or intensity and pull harder?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mistergeorge View Post
              I like these tough questions. They are always good ones. Questions about how much is necessary - just really hard to give clear and generalized answers because we are all doing variations on a theme.

              I've gained erect length from manual stretching. My gains came as increments while training at wide intervals over the past 3 years.

              I believe that whatever is causing the gains, it's a much different process than muscle mass training. My initial gain came almost suddenly and surprisingly by Day 19. It was a 3/8 inch gain in erect length.

              The main thing is to keep working on the grip and making sure you are stretching deeper target tissues rather than just skin. I believe an overhand grip (palm pronated) placed just behind the glans is the best way to put a stretch on the full length of the target tissues.

              Grip is really the key to everything.

              In terms of time, I still set my stop watch and just keep alternating hands for 30 minutes. Every day for 6 weeks. The gains come within 3 weeks. The remaining 3 weeks are about mainenance and cementing. That's my own pattern. The total time under load varies from session to session, but I put in the 30 minutes of alternations. Each stretch ranges from 30 to 120 seconds - it always depends on the quality of my grip and how well my hand muscles and finger joints are tolerating the grip.

              I did not experience continuous gains like you might see from muscle mass training with sustained training. Eventually this initial gain capped out at 7/16 inch and then stopped dead. This is typical from what I've found in the forums. I tried and tried to bust that plateau. No dice and my hands were shot. But when I came back to it 8 months later I was able to gain another 1/4 inch doing exactly the same thing. Apparently the long term break renewed whatever the cause of that initial gain was.

              I hope this might give you insight into your own future. Gaining can be a lot of fun.
              That was really interesting man thanks for the response!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BigO View Post
                There will never be an answer to this question that works for everyone.

                I would suggest keeping a log and starting with a beginners routine ad monitoring your personal indicators.

                If your EQ suffers, you are doing to much.
                Yeah I figured it would be a tough one to answer.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                  This is something one has to discover for themselves by starting from a minimal level of volume and training until the point of equilibrium. This is when the work becomes challenging, but not so difficult it forces a peak in conditioning.

                  From there, it becomes easier to set up the training into cycles where you can force peaks in volume and intensity for maximum gains.
                  Ok makes sense in the beginning there's probably a sweet spot to be in, but then when you become advanced you'll need to add harder training cycles to spark growth.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by allaccm View Post
                    Ok makes sense in the beginning there's probably a sweet spot to be in, but then when you become advanced you'll need to add harder training cycles to spark growth.
                    don't.

                    Not necessarily.

                    Finding what works can be just as important as intensity. Smart training will gain more than intense training for many.
                    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by allaccm View Post
                      Ok makes sense in the beginning there's probably a sweet spot to be in, but then when you become advanced you'll need to add harder training cycles to spark growth.
                      This is usually correct. In addition to more challenging training, better EQ should be developed as well- forcing even more growth.

                      By the time one reaches the very advanced levels, the developed kinesthetic sense should enable them to extract more out of whatever they do.
                      Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

                      The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

                      25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X