Your thoughts on rest and positive Pis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on rest and positive Pis

Curious to see your thoughts on this. I've observed that Pegym is not as active as it used to be, but I'll try anyway. I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people around here. People might be tired of talking about the same thing over and over, but that's life of forums.

As most of us know, rest is an important factor along with having positive Pis (at least neutral Pis). Rest fixes everything, can give you gains, etc. as we have heard and read and experienced..

However, there is the argument that if you rest too much, your penis will toughen up, become too conditioned, meaning getting gains will be harder for you. This would mean that if you for example did 1 heavy session day 1, then 2 days off, it would seem like you'd have weaker gains in the long run? Let's say you do 3-4 sessions and rest 3-4 days total, you'd be missing a lot of days to expand your dick? Your dick is resting too much and is not getting used to be in the expanded zone in which you wish it to become eventually for the gains.

Then there is the argument that as long as you have good Pis, even after heavy sessions, why should you take rest? You are working it, expanding, stretching, still having good Pis. Would not this result in a higher likely hood of gains while growing because of the more frequent tension?

The reason I brought this up today is because this Tuesday and Wednesday, I did two pretty good and heavy-ish girth workouts consisting of:

20 Min Slow Wet Jelqs at 60-80% erection
    2-3 Min Ruler Stretches
    20 Min Slow Wet Jelqs again but with slow bends on each ending rep, in all 4 directions
    4-5 Supra Slammers, high quality ones, really slow

After this routine, when done right, feeling every rep as you should, my expansion is amazing and almost resemblance a pump.

I then went to bed last night (Wednesday) and thought to myself; I've just done 2 pretty good girth days in a row with amazing expansion. Everything seems right. My skin is a tiny bit sore on the penis, everything else feels great. I'll take 1 or 2 days rest then, since I've read about rest being a huge factor, especially with girth.

I woke up today with great Pis. Penis is hanging low and full. Just a few tugs and I'll get an erection. I asked myself; why should I take a rest day? Did I not workout too hard? Should I basically "force" myself to take the day off even though I have the time and everything feels great? Should I not continue yesterdays workout today as well, putting my penis in the expansion zone again? I want more girth, damn it.

I am even close to buying a bathmate just for ending off my manual girth sessions with a bathmate session as well. I feel like I "crave" more work. That would be pretty heavy, doing slow jelqs, supra slammers and pumping as well all in the same workout.

Let me know your thoughts on resting and Pis as well as arguments on why one should rest situations like I am in right now. I am geniuenly interested
    BPEL: 5.92 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 6.7 6.8 6.9 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5
    MEG: 4.72 5.0 5.05 5.1 5.15 5.2 5.25 5.3 5.35 5.4 5.45 5.5
    BEG: ? 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 5.9 6.0

I am a whole hearted believer in rest and recently (as in last week) had a forced rest experience (skin injury pumping)

When I am working out (M,W,F routine) I find that I frequently will have hard flaccid erections and will sometimes have difficulty rising to the occasion should the occasion call on days that I've worked out. Mind you I still have night and morning wood etc. it's more like my penis feels fatigued.

Now back to my last week of unplanned rest, last week I had unintentionally taken off and all week I had raging hard ons and my erections felt huge. Whenever the occasion arose I was able to pop an erection like I was a high schooler and they were all like 110% EQ.

Long story short, I think that while you're actively doing PE and by doing I mean doing it at high intensity, you might actually find your EQ is less because your penis is fatigued (just like any worked out muscle can be). But after giving a few days rest I think you will see a notable difference in both your EQ and potentially your Erect Size overall.
    Start: 01/2020 - BPEL - 6 1/2" EG - 5 7/8"
    Latest measurement: 05/2020 - BPEL - 6 7/8" EG - 6 1/8"

Comment

Originally posted by solidlength View Post
      I am a whole hearted believer in rest and recently (as in last week) had a forced rest experience (skin injury pumping)

When I am working out (M,W,F routine) I find that I frequently will have hard flaccid erections and will sometimes have difficulty rising to the occasion should the occasion call on days that I've worked out. Mind you I still have night and morning wood etc. it's more like my penis feels fatigued.

Now back to my last week of unplanned rest, last week I had unintentionally taken off and all week I had raging hard ons and my erections felt huge. Whenever the occasion arose I was able to pop an erection like I was a high schooler and they were all like 110% EQ.

Long story short, I think that while you're actively doing PE and by doing I mean doing it at high intensity, you might actually find your EQ is less because your penis is fatigued (just like any worked out muscle can be). But after giving a few days rest I think you will see a notable difference in both your EQ and potentially your Erect Size overall.
      If injury occurs, I fully support rest of course. I also think doing a rest like a week or even a month just in a while is probably beneficial as well. It's just the frequent rests I am questioning.

If your dick feels fatigued, it is obviously not a sign of 10/10 Pis. I'd support that if you felt your EQ went down around 2 notches minimum, then you'd need some rest.

I also agree that if your EQ has fallen a tad, taking 4-7 days off for example, will most likely take it back to a 10/10. Diet and exercise are crucial to this game as well.

Edit: My 2000th post

Comment

The EQ stat is a good barometer for telling when rest breaks are optimal. You'll want to induce a plateau (but not a dip) towards the peak of a cycle- then the rest afterwards will hopefully lead to "rebound" gains.
        Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

Comment

Originally posted by EraStyle View Post
          Edit: My 2000th post
          Congratulations!
          Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
            The EQ stat is a good barometer for telling when rest breaks are optimal. You'll want to induce a plateau (but not a dip) towards the peak of a cycle- then the rest afterwards will hopefully lead to "rebound" gains.
            So you agree that perhaps some people can do PE almost every day in a period of time as long as their Pis and EQ is good? Then as I mentioned earlier, take a full week or a full month of or so, depending on how long you have been going.

Surely, good sleep, good nutrition (that aids in everything from healing to EQ), exercising, etc. must be important if one wishes to do PE as much as possible without rest days.

I am now on day 4, after 3 heavy girth manual sessions. I can feel and see that I've worked it pretty well. But I still can only observe positive Pis other than just a tad sore skin. The fullness and everything is still there. So according to the positive Pis theory, I should just do a workout today as well.... This is what bothers me. What does one do? Just wait until you finally notice bad Pis? Is this the best way for gaining? Or must one force-rest?
            Originally posted by Big Al View Post
            Congratulations!
            Thanks!

Comment

However, there is the argument that if you rest too much, your penis will toughen up, become too conditioned, meaning getting gains will be harder for you.
              In my 3 years experience in PE its the exact opposite.
              No rest days= tissues toughen up and not allowing gains to happen
              rest days= Tissues loosen up and allowing gains to happen

Comment

I'm nearly two months into P.E. and I'll share my two cents.

For the first month, it was mostly experimental. I used different lubes, different frequency, different intensity, etc. The PI's I noticed most of the time was increased nightwood, literally waking me up in the middle of the night. However, I didn't see any larger flaccid hang. My penis would be fatigued or sore mostly everyday, and I would power-through my routine days, trying not to miss/skip my workouts. My penis never turtled, but it was never loose or plumpy either. I was obsessed on wanting to see bigger flaccid hang and I would change my routine/volume/intensity frequently.

For the second month, I calmed myself down, decided to stick to 2 days on, 1 day off frequency. After about 6 workout days on this schedule, I finally saw a bigger flaccid hang in the morning. I was surprised and just happy to see it. I did think to increase my frequency to 3 days on, 1 day off because honestly I think my dick can handle it but I'm not going to.

The reason is that things are good, and there is no need to introduce any change currently. My penis doesn't feel fatigued or sore anymore (except after a workout), and I like it this way. I have nightwoods and bigger flaccid everyday which makes me feel I'm on the right track. I feel like my effective P.E. started in my second month and the first one was just a learning curve. I don't believe that I'm missing out by not increasing my frequency/decreasing my rest period. I think my EQ is 8/10 and it will reach 10/10 if I stop P.E. for 4-5 days and that's how it should be in my opinion. If you feel that taking a break from P.E. will not improve your EQ, only then one should increase their workout intensity/frequency/volume. This is my opinion from my very limited experience, so take it if it makes sense to you.

Good luck!

Comment

So you agree that perhaps some people can do PE almost every day in a period of time as long as their Pis and EQ is good? Then as I mentioned earlier, take a full week or a full month of or so, depending on how long you have been going.

Surely, good sleep, good nutrition (that aids in everything from healing to EQ), exercising, etc. must be important if one wishes to do PE as much as possible without rest days.

I am now on day 4, after 3 heavy girth manual sessions. I can feel and see that I've worked it pretty well. But I still can only observe positive Pis other than just a tad sore skin. The fullness and everything is still there. So according to the positive Pis theory, I should just do a workout today as well.... This is what bothers me. What does one do? Just wait until you finally notice bad Pis? Is this the best way for gaining? Or must one force-rest?

Thanks!
                  So my train of thought is in line with Coolrahul above.

I find that when I'm working out regularly I don't notice many other PIs other than burst capillaries, penile fatigue, and frequent night wood. I also do not believe my EQ is 100% while I'm in the midst of my MWF workout schedule. I do however notice that my EQ returns to 100-110% (as well as noticeable EQ size diff) with 48+ hours rest.

While in the midst of working out I didn't notice gains in flaccid hang or EL/EG until I started pumping regularly. Pumping causes my flaccid hang to be more 'showpiece like' than anything else. I do believe the mechanism of action behind pumping will overtime result in permanent gains as it's the same mechanism as stretching/squeezing.

Not noticing gains however is what has made me take the approach of pre/post flaccid measurements as originally described on Thunder's forums because I believe that doing a flaccid stretch measurement is the most reliable way to notice 'gains' in the midst of working out.

Back to the rest discussion, a while ago I had posted in the theory forum about how muscle gains happen in the body and why rest is required in order to make gains so I am a firm believer in needing rest. Back when I had reliably been in my routine for a while I would take a rest week once every 12 weeks and would maintain workout days of MWF so only working out 3/7 days of the week which is similar to my normal strength training routine.
                  Start: 01/2020 - BPEL - 6 1/2" EG - 5 7/8"
                  Latest measurement: 05/2020 - BPEL - 6 7/8" EG - 6 1/8"

Comment

Then there is the argument that as long as you have good Pis, even after heavy sessions, why should you take rest? You are working it, expanding, stretching, still having good Pis. Would not this result in a higher likely hood of gains while growing because of the more frequent tension?
                    YES!

If you do 2 great workouts/days where you created expansion it might just be temporary elastic expansion.
                    The kind where you actually have to take a day rest is when you actually feel like it's still raw/"worked"... erection aching etc. or negative reason, when you did too much.. needs rest too.

Taking a day rest could reverse any elastic expansion back to 0 and you basically start square 1 again.
                    Of course for some small parts it might've been enough and you gain nonetheless, but most probably not effective PE.

For newbs 1on1off is ok but I had my best results when I was constantly expanding the limits while never feeling pain. Just that worked swollen feeling that you build on from day to day. Sometimes you do too much then just do a little less next day but at least do some 110% edging or light pumping. Riding the wave constantly evaluating and adapting.
                    For me going 12-28 days of constant PE was needed before so much expansion accumulated that I had to pause.
                    Now if you do really intense balls to the wall PE it might be enough to do it 1-2 a week but creating a balanced whole dick expansion that adds on always felt safer and more effective to me.
                    25cm! Let's go!

Comment

Originally posted by DickerSchwanz View Post
                      YES!

If you do 2 great workouts/days where you created expansion it might just be temporary elastic expansion.
                      The kind where you actually have to take a day rest is when you actually feel like it's still raw/"worked"... erection aching etc. or negative reason, when you did too much.. needs rest too.

Taking a day rest could reverse any elastic expansion back to 0 and you basically start square 1 again.
                      Of course for some small parts it might've been enough and you gain nonetheless, but most probably not effective PE.

For newbs 1on1off is ok but I had my best results when I was constantly expanding the limits while never feeling pain. Just that worked swollen feeling that you build on from day to day. Sometimes you do too much then just do a little less next day but at least do some 110% edging or light pumping. Riding the wave constantly evaluating and adapting.
                      For me going 12-28 days of constant PE was needed before so much expansion accumulated that I had to pause.
                      Now if you do really intense balls to the wall PE it might be enough to do it 1-2 a week but creating a balanced whole dick expansion that adds on always felt safer and more effective to me.
                      Thanks for your input, DickerS!

So it seems like you agree with my suggestion or rather my questioning (in which we sort of parallelly discuss in TeoDeles thread as well https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-e...-guidance.html)

That elastic expansion is what I am having right now on day 5 of intense manual girth PE. It started day 1 and has "stuck" with me for 5 days now. There is no pain. It does not feel so "tired" yet I can feel the expansion and that it has been worked. More veins as well. The expansion we are talking about feels sort of like the feeling you get when you use a pump, but not exactly the same.

The question is really then: How important is it for your penis to stay in that elastic expansion? Should it always stay like that til you take the plateu-break as long as you have good Pis? Will it heal quicker this way?

May I ask about your gains as well?

Comment

Thanks for your input, DickerS!

So it seems like you agree with my suggestion or rather my questioning (in which we sort of parallelly discuss in TeoDeles thread as well https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-e...-guidance.html)

That elastic expansion is what I am having right now on day 5 of intense manual girth PE. It started day 1 and has "stuck" with me for 5 days now. There is no pain. It does not feel so "tired" yet I can feel the expansion and that it has been worked. More veins as well. The expansion we are talking about feels sort of like the feeling you get when you use a pump, but not exactly the same.

The question is really then: How important is it for your penis to stay in that elastic expansion? Should it always stay like that til you take the plateu-break as long as you have good Pis? Will it heal quicker this way?

May I ask about your gains as well?
                        I gained ~1.75 in BPEL and where I concentrated my girth work most ~1.25in

I did not read that thread linked.

I assume that there can be some elastic and some plastic deformation. You are not really expanding one piece but many connected different pieces with different tensile strength and reactions to the exercise.
                        That's why almost all dedicated PE routines that have some intensity will give gains.

Plastic deformation will always be less than elastic as the whole organ is designed to be elastic. A normal erection is very low level elastic exercise too!
                        That's why "use it or loose it" is a thing, having no erections will at some point lead to a smaller penis.

A dedicated PE routine where you measure all the time you will notice that the lowest numbers show up less and less.
                        While you measure bigger and bigger numbers in different states during and after exercise. (if not than you either did too much or not enough)

Elastic expansion over time turns into plastic deformation. It' simplified like stretching a rubber band just once into elasticity or keeping the stretch applied. (Pensi is more complicated but same principle)

Maximizing gain and time invested you should theoretically always stay in elastic expansion if you want to keep gaining.
                        The time depends on the person and relative intensity of the training. For me it took ~21days of always keeping elasticity high to notice gains. I think plastic gains happen with one day intense training too but not noticeable. Doing sporadic PE certainly added some milimeters here and there too after some months.
                        Of course if you have pain or a loss of function it makes no sense to keep training(you overdid). Once I notice to start getting bad PI's I cut back intensity and ramp it back up when I notice better PI's.

If I did devote all my free time to PE for some weeks or months I would certainly gain again some. And I sure would not use any ON/OFF routine.
                        25cm! Let's go!

Comment

I gained ~1.75 in BPEL and where I concentrated my girth work most ~1.25in

I did not read that thread linked.

I assume that there can be some elastic and some plastic deformation. You are not really expanding one piece but many connected different pieces with different tensile strength and reactions to the exercise.
                          That's why almost all dedicated PE routines that have some intensity will give gains.

Plastic deformation will always be less than elastic as the whole organ is designed to be elastic. A normal erection is very low level elastic exercise too!
                          That's why "use it or loose it" is a thing, having no erections will at some point lead to a smaller penis.

A dedicated PE routine where you measure all the time you will notice that the lowest numbers show up less and less.
                          While you measure bigger and bigger numbers in different states during and after exercise. (if not than you either did too much or not enough)

Elastic expansion over time turns into plastic deformation. It' simplified like stretching a rubber band just once into elasticity or keeping the stretch applied. (Pensi is more complicated but same principle)

Maximizing gain and time invested you should theoretically always stay in elastic expansion if you want to keep gaining.
                          The time depends on the person and relative intensity of the training. For me it took ~21days of always keeping elasticity high to notice gains. I think plastic gains happen with one day intense training too but not noticeable. Doing sporadic PE certainly added some milimeters here and there too after some months.
                          Of course if you have pain or a loss of function it makes no sense to keep training(you overdid). Once I notice to start getting bad PI's I cut back intensity and ramp it back up when I notice better PI's.

If I did devote all my free time to PE for some weeks or months I would certainly gain again some. And I sure would not use any ON/OFF routine.
                          Great. How did you routine go when you gained the 1.75 and 1.25?

Comment

Mainly jelqs extending clamping and pumping. In many combinations. Most length with extending. Rarely did a routine that I wrote down.
                            Always depending on the day and goals. I have some threads/logs were it's detailed on here.
                            25cm! Let's go!

Comment

Mainly jelqs extending clamping and pumping. In many combinations. Most length with extending. Rarely did a routine that I wrote down.
                              Always depending on the day and goals. I have some threads/logs were it's detailed on here.
                              I see. I might try an extender for length after I reach my first girth goal.. did you use a normal one or a vacuum one? How many hours a day?

And did you do normal air pumping or water pumping?

Comment

Working...
                              X