Deconditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deconditioning

I have been PE'ing for the past month and a few days and noticed some gains, around 0.2 inches.
    I took a look at Al's jelq free routine where he suggests to take a week break after every 6 weeks of PE'ing in order to decondition claiming that this way you could keep applying a low level of tension and still keep gaining.
    Have anyone ever stuck to a routine. Tried this, also tried taking no decondition breaks and had different results ?
    I would really like to see some opinions on this.

My routine consists of 60 erect wet jelqs( both hands = 1 rep ) and 8 minutes of streching 1 day on / 1 day off. Should I maybe not consider this due to the fact that my routine is still very light ?

Thanks

Originally posted by Jordanh View Post
    I have been PE'ing for the past month and a few days and noticed some gains, around 0.2 inches.
    I took a look at Al's jelq free routine where he suggests to take a week break after every 6 weeks of PE'ing in order to decondition claiming that this way you could keep applying a low level of tension and still keep gaining.
    Have anyone ever stuck to a routine. Tried this, also tried taking no decondition breaks and had different results ?

My routine consists of 60 erect wet jelqs( both hands = 1 rep ) and 8 minutes of streching 1 day on / 1 day off. Should I maybe not consider this due to the fact that my routine is still very light ?

Thanks
    dont think 1 week is enough to decondition. ive only seen ppl, including myself, who take 1-2 weeks break after 3-6 months. give the decondition idea a try, would like to hear what you find out
    Last edited by BigKnob; 06-30-2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks

I did 4 months of daily hanging/extending. I took two weeks off which ended yesterday. I'm almost 100% deconditioned. I was hanging 6 hours a day at 5 lbs with little fatigue.

I restarted yesterday and couldn't handle 3lbs for an hour. Today I'm hanging 2.6lbs and I feel a stretch more then when I was doing 5 lbs. The burn in my ligaments/tunica is back 🙂

Deconditioning is the real deal. I'm gonna do 2 months on 2 weeks off.

Ever notice why gains taper off after 3-4 months? You need to decondition or torture yourself with more intensity for minimal gain.

Comment

Originally posted by TxGain View Post
        Ever notice why gains taper off after 3-4 months? You need to decondition or torture yourself with more intensity for minimal gain.
        I'm doing a three week decon right now, possibly longer if I don't go stir crazy. It sounds counter-intuitive since the basic rule is "more time under tension means more gains", but taking a break can definitely amplify the effectiveness of a future routine and give you more gains with less overall work put in when looking at the bigger picture.

When I was a newbie I took a couple of forced breaks because of fluid blisters and equipment problems, which in hindsight helped me decondition even though I had no idea what that was at the time. I think my biggest gaining streaks happened right after these forced breaks so I really lucked out.

I haven't had any problems this year with my setup and have avoided forced downtime, so I'm probably overdue by a couple months for a decon break based on how my gains haven't just slowed but completely stopped. It's just hard for me to quit cold turkey since it's part of my daily routine and feels weird not doing anything PE related lol.
        BPEL-MSEG in inches (fatpad 1.0)
        Jun '16: 6.0 - 5.0 (ballpark)
        Apr '17: 6.5 - 5.3
        Jan '18: 7.0 - 5.4
        Sep '18: 7.5 - 5.5
        Current: 7.8 - 5.6
        Goal__: 8.0 - 5.6 (I'm stuck in a plateau)

Photos in profile

Comment

Originally posted by MulejuiceMcQuaid View Post

When I was a newbie I took a couple of forced breaks because of fluid blisters and equipment problems, which in hindsight helped me decondition even though I had no idea what that was at the time. I think my biggest gaining streaks happened right after these forced breaks so I really lucked out.

I haven't had any problems this year with my setup and have avoided forced downtime, so I'm probably overdue by a couple months for a decon break based on how my gains haven't just slowed but completely stopped. It's just hard for me to quit cold turkey since it's part of my daily routine and feels weird not doing anything PE related lol.

Deconditioning is very very hard to do. Akin to quitting an addiction. I had an itch after 4 days to PE but I forced myself to stick to the plan. Boy am I glad. My ligaments are so weak right now it's beautiful.

And 2 weeks is nothing. It's not like it takes months to decondition (unless ur used to hanging 20lbs or something. )

I'm sore today after 4.5 hours of hanging 2.6 lbs. Deep soreness that I haven't felt since first few weeks of PE.

I'm gonna update in 6-8 weeks to see if deconditioning has helped me gain again.

Comment

I think "deconditioning" is a fallacy. Breaks are needed for healing.
            03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
            Thread
            12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Has anyone that attempted deconditioning had noticed change of size in flaccid or erect size following the break (Not after PE'ing following the break. in the break itself) ?
              or any change in EQ ?

Comment

The week long break after a full cycle is for resetting for the next cycle, full recovery and growth. It shouldn't necessarily be considered a "decon" break.
                Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

Comment

Perhaps "reconditioning" is a more appropriate term.
                  BPEL-MSEG in inches (fatpad 1.0)
                  Jun '16: 6.0 - 5.0 (ballpark)
                  Apr '17: 6.5 - 5.3
                  Jan '18: 7.0 - 5.4
                  Sep '18: 7.5 - 5.5
                  Current: 7.8 - 5.6
                  Goal__: 8.0 - 5.6 (I'm stuck in a plateau)

Photos in profile

Comment

Has anyone that attempted deconditioning had noticed change of size in flaccid or erect size following the break (Not after PE'ing following the break. in the break itself) ?
                    or any change in EQ ?
                    I have gained 1/8 of an inch in length from a decon break, before the decon break I was doing extending for 4 months.

Comment

Originally posted by 918pdk View Post
                      I have gained 1/8 of an inch in length from a decon break, before the decon break I was doing extending for 4 months.
                      You checked your length just before decon and just before returning to PE'ing ?
                      For what period of time did you stopped ?

Comment

You checked your length just before decon and just before returning to PE'ing ?
                        For what period of time did you stopped ?
                        I checked right before I stopped in October '18 and then I checked again in January 2019. I was gaining 0.1'' = 100h for the first 400h, but that didn't happened for the last 100 hours in October so I stopped.

In march I tried again with extending, but again without results. 3 weeks ago I have measured +0.1'' increment, but I need to double check this because I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X