Is the "kegel" a push or a pull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the "kegel" a push or a pull?

I just dont get it. I have read A LOT about kegels, both here and on other boards and I might simply be stupid so please, dont be to harsh on me. I can do two things with what I think are my "kegel muscles".

The first thing is kind of a "push outwards", it pushes out urine when I pee and it pushes out blood to the penis and makes it "nod" when erect.

The other is kind of a pull, it feels like I pull my penis and everything inwards.

Both of these "movements" can stop urine when urinating, the first one by pushing out the urine thats currently in your penis or whatever and then "shuts it off", the other one kind sucks the urine in the penis back and "shuts it off". If I place my finger right behind my balls, there is something inside "flexing" when I do both these movements.

My question is, which one is a "correct kegel"? Being able to push out blood to the penis and then kind of keeping in in there for a few seconds seems like a better thing to do for improved erections? But the other one would seem to be a better one to do for holding in orgasms.

Should I do both?

Sigh kegel pull .
    Reverse kegel push.

Comment

Best to think of them as contracting and stretching kind of like doing my bicep curls, lifting and contracting then lowering and stretching. The kegel were you tighten the pelvic floor is a contraction and you should do both kegels and reverse kegels.
      Start: BPEL - 7.008", MEG - 5.197"
      Current: BPEL - 7.126", MEG - 5.118"

Goal: BPEL - 9", MEG - 6.5"

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
        Sigh kegel pull .
        Reverse kegel push.
        Originally posted by djmotion View Post
        Best to think of them as contracting and stretching kind of like doing my bicep curls, lifting and contracting then lowering and stretching. The kegel were you tighten the pelvic floor is a contraction and you should do both kegels and reverse kegels.
        Thanks, this really clears things up for me.

Comment

Thanks for the question, photon. Feel free to ask any question you like. We are here to help.
          How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! ~ Song of Solomon 4:10

For things to change, you have to change. - Jim Rohn, The Art of Exceptional Living

Comment

Working...
          X