Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting a Plateau

Hey guys,

I'm sure there's a lot of posts on here about plateauing with gains, but I really am getting quite frustrated to the point where my jelqing sessions have now become a kind of "Punishing the tool for not growing at all". Yeah I know, sounds terrible. That's why I'm here, before I started to cause real permanent damage to my penis.

I hope this doesn't end up being too long, and if it helps, here's my progress thread which I haven't updated in a couple of months: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...ke-saiyan.html

Basically, I'm a college student. I used to hang but had to stop cause of dorming and no privacy, which is still going to be the case for at least the rest of this semester. Not sure about next school year though. I've had some gains over the past almost 2 years now (~March 14th is about my PE official anniversary) but they've only been 0.6-0.7" in length gains, and almost barely anything girth wise, probably like 0.1" or 0.2" if I'm lucky.

I know there are slow gainers, of which I really was hoping I wasn't going to be, but that seems to be the case now. For the last 6 months, I've only been able to jelq. I've been very good about dedication and consistency since I do a 30-45 minute sessions everyday, no days off. I tried keeping up with stretching but as of now, it's just jelqing. I've kept up the same routine for this whole time, and was really hoping that when I got the chance to do official measurements, I would have at least gained SOMETHING.

Alas, nothing. I'm beginning to think I've plateaued for growth and it's getting me really frustrated. I'm becoming obsessed with looking for new things that work because I at least want to know I'm getting somewhere.

My goals aren't outlandish(I'm wanting to be around 8.5-9.0" BPEL in the future [I'm strictly length oriented right now, but wouldn't mind girth tagging along with any gains either], which is only an inch to inch and a half of where I am now), and I feel like it's very possible to get there, but I'm stuck and need a rightful slap to the face and some motivation and advice.

I think it's pretty obvious that I have to change something, but since I have little privacy time, I'm hoping for something that falls within my typical 30-40 minute jelqing session. I know what works for some might not for others, but I am really just looking for suggestions.

Questions like these bounce off in my head almost everyday:
    Should I stop jelqing and switch to strictly stretching?
    Would actually warming up help promote growth before I jelq?
    Should I give clamping a try? Or edging with cock rings?
    Should I keep doing the same thing but start taking days off? Maybe a 3 day on 1 day off kind of thing?
    Am I even doing the exercises correctly? How would I know short-term what's working and what's not before wasting another 3-6 months on a routine that won't promote any growth?

As you can see, I'm a mess and just want some suggestions for new routines that I can squeeze in through my busy days at college that will get me back on the path to gaining again. I loved the feeling when I found out I had finally broken into the 7 inch range, and I would love to start breaking into the 8 inch range soon as well.

TL;DR
    I've been stuck at the same size for about 6 months and I know something has got to change routine wise.
    I'm a college student, no privacy, wanting strictly another 1-1.5 inches in length.
    The question is, how do I get there if I've plateaued?
    "If the D ain't poppin', then there's no stoppin'"

Initial -> 6.9 x 5.0 (2017)
    Now -> 7.5 x 5.3 (1 year)
    Goal -> 8.5 x 6.0 (???)

Breaks are a good idea when you have hit a plateau.

I've talked about this on the ‘gym before, and have put some time and thought into breaks. Based on reading into the biology of it and the anecdotal evidence onsite, here is my take on why a break is good to work past at plateau:

(Based on the article "Penile Traction Therapy (Penile Lengthening Device)" in Penile Augmentation N.C. Park et al. (eds.), 2016.)

"Tissue growth occurs as a result of tissue adaptation in response to application of chronic traction...This process is thought to be cellular proliferation like the process of distraction osteogenesis resulting from bone lengthening procedures by using traction... Prolonged traction force on tissue results in an adaptation reaction at a cellular level, which thereby results in the expansion of the tissues."

"Therefore, the use of traction device is not just to stretch the tissue mechanically, but to actually induce tissue growth to make real gain of additional penile length"

Tissue growth due to

"Mechanotransduction is a cellular signal transduction in response to mechanical stimuli, which resulted in modulating almost all aspects of cell function, including cell growth, differentiation, migration, gene expression, protein synthesis, and apoptosis...It is thought tissue growing against chronic traction is one of the tissue protective mechanisms to try to loss of mechanical strength by subsequent collagen degradation...In addition, depolymerization of collagen fibers by increase in degradative enzymes induced not only weakening of the fibers by collagen degradation but the increase in newly synthesized collagen, which resulted in providing the extension of the tissue without trauma."

If I am reading this correctly, and I am not a cellular biologist, it makes sense that we need to this in cycles to allow the tissue to grow and recover.

Meaning do some manual work, make gains, cement gains, take break, start again, etc. The body will adjust to the “new normal”, then you could start again and potential make more gains.

Theoretically, if you don’t stop and allow the body to adjust to the new normal, then maybe you get stuck at a certain level, or a plateau, because you are not allowing for the tissue to grow.

So, taking a break contributes towards the end goal. I find a week is more than enough to recover after a 6 to 8 week cycle.

I threaded about mine here:
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-e...te-issues.html
    03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
    Thread
    12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

You say your goals aren’t outlandish but you are aiming for 9 inches? One of my goals is 8.5 but is a “Dream” goal for a reason.

I am assuming your fatpad is .5 since you said you barley broke into 7 inch range. Personally if I had your size right now I wouldn’t continue doing PE anymore and I would go out and use it before deciding I want more gain.

Like incogneeetoe said, you must take breaks in order for your penis to grow. I recommend taking a month off and going out to enjoy your gains and then if you feel like it continue PE. Add at least 2 Days a week for your penis to rest instead of doing the full 7 Days.

Also try setting up more realistic goals so you don’t disappoint yourself, it’ll be less frustrating.
      Starting (12.13.17)
      BPEL: 6.75
      NBPEL: 6
      EG: 4.9375

Now
      BPEL: 7.5 [5.5 Months]
      NBPEL: 6.5
      EG: 5.25 [5 Months]

Goals [NBPEL x EG]
      7.25 x 5.25 (Minimal)
      7.50 x 5.50 (Main)
      7.75 x 5.75 (Wishful)
      8.00+ x 6.00+ (Dream)

Comment

Cycle your training. When you hit a plateau after a few weeks, take a break and resume the routine (if it yielded satisfactory gains) resetting the volume in a "2 steps forward/ 1 step back" method/ The easiest way to do this would be to take an average of the lowest and highest reps performed in the previous cycle to set the new volume baseline.
        Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

Comment

Wow thank you guys, I really didn't expect this much great feedback. I thought I was going to hear the usual about "trying too hard" and that it takes time. While I know that is true, and to what @BigandBad said about my outlandish goal of 9.0" BPEL, I am barely 19 years of age and considering I'm at 7.5" BPEL, I feel as it is very possible to at least reach my minimum goal of 8.5" BPEL, which is simply just an inch from where I am now.

Of course, I say "simply an inch" so casually, but I'm giving myself until I'm ~21-22 years old to be at my goal. 2 years for an inch seems reasonable, even for those that are hard to gain.I understand the law of diminishing returns as well, but I'm also hoping that I'll get some continued natural growth into adulthood, as some people have reported on here.

Back to taking a break, my only fear is if I'll lose any length or girth since I'm not going to be doing any exercises anymore. When I jelq, I get a nice swollen flaccid for the next 2-3 hours and feel pretty well about where I'm headed. Of course, since my measurements last week, I now know that it's all been for null.

I did read the thread by @incogneeetoe, was very interesting! I noted @Big Al talking about rebound gains as well during the 1-2 week break period, but I'm still afraid. I also have this undying itch everyday that says, "If I don't do PE today, I'm not getting anywhere closer to my goal of where I wanna be", so it's just very hard for me to completely stop PE when I've been doing it for almost 2 years everyday now.
          "If the D ain't poppin', then there's no stoppin'"

Initial -> 6.9 x 5.0 (2017)
          Now -> 7.5 x 5.3 (1 year)
          Goal -> 8.5 x 6.0 (???)

Comment

Dont clamp
            Jelqing for many can be a conditioning excersize only and not produce gains.
            For length, general rule of thumb is slower jelqs at an eq less than 50%
            I would consider spending that time doing the stretch portion of Big Als Jelq free routine and just jelqing 2 to 3 times a week
            An extender would be a solid investment

Last but not least, HEAT is indeed maybe the most important aspect of PE. Think of trying to stretch your body in the cold of the winter vs in heat of a sauna or something. Tissue is much more maleable the hotter it is and allows for a much deeper and prolonged stretch.
            You should be radiating heat deep into your penile tissue when you start each session
            Start Sept '18 BPEL 6.0. NBPEL 5.75 GIR 4.75 BPFSL 6.25
            Current Mar '19: BPEL 7.0 NBPEL 6.50 GIR 5.0 BPFSL 7.25
            1" BPEL in 6 months album

Comment

Originally posted by SSJD View Post
              I noted @Big Al talking about rebound gains as well during the 1-2 week break period, but I'm still afraid. I also have this undying itch everyday that says, "If I don't do PE today, I'm not getting anywhere closer to my goal of where I wanna be", so it's just very hard for me to completely stop PE when I've been doing it for almost 2 years everyday now.
              It would certainly be worth a test. At the very least, it'll remove any anxieties you have about not training daily.
              Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

Comment

Working...
              X