testosterone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• testosterone

Testosterone came back at 26 ranges 10-28 at 35 years old almost 36 is this really good for my age? prolactin was 600 sdomething though 350 being the highest range so how can I have high test with high prolactin?

Well what did your doctor say?
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

That is very good total testosterone. Did you measure SHBG? It's needed to calculate free testosterone which is more important.

Comment

Free test is expensive to do accurately . Most free testosterone tests are worthless including the guesstimate one Trapezius mentions.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
          Free test is expensive to do accurately . Most free testosterone tests are worthless including the guesstimate one Trapezius mentions.
          Why calculating with Andersson's formula is worthless? Here it's the only way used to measure free test and is considered much more important than total test.Doctors use it to determine if patient should be put on trt. I'm on TRT. Free test was constantly below reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapezius View Post
            Why calculating with Andersson's formula is worthless? Here it's the only way used to measure free test and is considered much more important than total test.Doctors use it to determine if patient should be put on trt. I'm on TRT. Free test was constantly below reference.
            Many docs refuse to bother with it as it is so inaccurate.

Comment

what did the doc say about prolactin.

Comment

Many docs refuse to bother with it as it is so inaccurate.
                Ok. Do you know what magnitude of inaccuracy we are talking about?

Comment

That interrests me too as that high prolactin should be diagnosed what's causing it.

Comment

Ever notice you never get an answer from this guy?
                    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I did notice that.
                      ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

I'm going to eyeball this thread & see if OP response.

I've got a thing to say about high Prolactin being that I suffered from Prolactinoma ( pituitary gland abnormality ) for years. My Prolactin was above 3000 yes 3000. I'm still on Caborgoline to keep my Prolactin output between a 4-8. My Testosterone was at a 285-300 & now is at 845 last blood Serum Test.

Comment

My Doctor is useless he just said 'we dont do anything unless the prolactin level is over 1000' but I wonder if my prolactin is the reason I have never got morning erections ever in my life, oh and he did test SHGB but he didn't even mention it so I'm guessing it was normal.I also had my testosterone levels checked at 19 years old and they came back at 18 so it's strange that they were lower back then,also my prolactin was also high at that age the endocrinologist just said sometimes getting your blood drawn can raise prolactin levels but I'm not afraid of needles so I Don't think thats the case with me,I'm going to buy a finger prick home test kit both for DHT and prolactin next if my prolactin is still high and my GP wont help me then I will have to try and lower it my self.
                          Last edited by maxymoon; 08-28-2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maxymoon View Post
                            My Doctor is useless he just said 'we dont do anything unless the prolactin level is over 1000' but I wonder if my prolactin is the reason I have never got morning erections ever in my life, oh and he did test SHGB but he didn't even mention it so I'm guessing it was normal.
                            Full hormone blood panel tests should be a right. You have all the right to know these numbers and think for yourself what's wrong with you. I demanded the same with my doctor. Don't get cucked by the doctors!

Comment

Originally posted by maxymoon View Post
                              My Doctor is useless he just said 'we dont do anything unless the prolactin level is over 1000' but I wonder if my prolactin is the reason I have never got morning erections ever in my life, oh and he did test SHGB but he didn't even mention it so I'm guessing it was normal.I also had my testosterone levels checked at 19 years old and they came back at 18 so it's strange that they were lower back then,also my prolactin was also high at that age the endocrinologist just said sometimes getting your blood drawn can raise prolactin levels but I'm not afraid of needles so I Don't think thats the case with me,I'm going to buy a finger prick home test kit both for DHT and prolactin next if my prolactin is still high and my GP wont help me then I will have to try and lower it my self.
                              You have to get an MRI to really get the truth about your Prolactin. Unfortunately you've got to have to some decent health insurance to cover that astronomical $$$ amount test.

I've had 2 MRI's looking right at my Pituitary Gland to determine if I needed surgery or just going on the medication Caborgoline.

Now they monitor my Testosterone & Prolactin through blood Serum tests.

You have high Prolactin being it's only supposed to be between 4-8 for a healthy Male & I'd say a 10 tops

Comment

Working...
                              X