Onsite Article discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onsite Article discussion

It strikes me some of the articles onsite warrant further discussion .
    I will be back in the next day or 2 with some thoughts of my own . In the mean time does anyone want to comment on any onsite article (including mine).

A article discussion thread would be great!
    Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

Comment

Ok here is a good start point .
      So a guy does a great thing and writes an article . He loses weight and gets in shape during covid . He does it drug free and he is 63years . Wonderful and it brings up to my mind a number of points re training drug free training as a mature guy weight loss and muscle . Here is a link.

https://www.pegym.com/articles/the-d...t-ripped-at-63

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
        Ok here is a good start point .
        So a guy does a great thing and writes an article . He loses weight and gets in shape during covid . He does it drug free and he is 63years . Wonderful and it brings up to my mind a number of points re training drug free training as a mature guy weight loss and muscle . Here is a link.

https://www.pegym.com/articles/the-d...t-ripped-at-63
        I think a thread for article discussion is a great idea
        Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Ta O.

So first thing to say is it is great this guy did it drug free especially as he was around bodybuilding where drug use is endemic. He is also a mature guy with responsibilities .

Ok o this guy had a long background in physical activities but has aged and got responsibilites some injuries covid came along and he used the extra time in a positive way. He put effort and money into his trraining

Here is the result
          I began the 60-day process at a little over 165 pounds and 22.9% body fat. I ended the contest at 152.1 pounds and 17.8%. Since then, continued training has put me at 15.1%. I feel so much more confident as a result. Pullups are also a lot easier, which means I am about ready to make them weighted rather than bodyweight.
          Unquote

Comment

Ok so he continued after the 60 days and got leaner but we don't know at what bodyweight . So looking at the 165 lb at 23% vs the 152 lb at 17.8%. One notices something he has not gained muscle at all in fact he has lost almost as much muscle as fat !

Now look 3 things come to my mind when I see this first it says something about drug free training . We are so used to seeing guys training with drugs it gives false expectations . Second I would like discussion on mature training relative to this . Third I believe trying to lose weight rapidly leads to muscle loss.

Comment

How did you conclude he lost muscle along with fat. Why not a lot of fat with a little muscle gain?
              Valued Member of 11+ years at the PEGym

12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
              12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
              01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
              01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
              01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
                How did you conclude he lost muscle along with fat. Why not a lot of fat with a little muscle gain?
                Maths .

Comment

Oh dear here I am late at night with no calculator and an empty bottle of wine.

So 165lb then 152lb so he lost 13 lb. He also lost 5.2% so what is that 8 or 8and a half pound of fat , which leaves 6 and a half or seven pounds of lean weight aka muscle that he lost . So almost as much muscle as fat .
                  This commonly happens with rapid weight loss.\,
                  Last edited by Pegasus; 07-09-2021, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Depending on diet, it is very common to lose excess water weight when cleaning up the carbs and exercising.

It would be helpful if he were to share his diet in detail.

The one thing that I get from his article is that true dedication will always aid in bettering ones self.

Either way, dropping that weight at over 60 is not easy so kudos to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                      Oh dear here I am late at night with no calculator and an empty bottle of wine.

So 165lb then 152lb so he lost 13 lb. He also lost 5.2% so what is that 8 or 8and a half pound of fat , which leaves 6 and a half or seven pounds of lean weight aka muscle that he lost . So almost as much muscle as fat .
                      This commonly happens with rapid weight loss.\,
                      Very hard to maintain muscle mass when dropping weight this fast. Without getting into a very detailed log of what one eats, it is the norm to lose muscle mass while shedding pounds.

It is possible to maintain muscle mass if on a very small calorie deficit done over a longer period of time.

Comment

So Big O brings up the same point I mention earlier rapid weight loss tends to lead to muscle loss .

So this guy had a personal trainer and while the article does not go into too much detail he obviously was careful with food intake . The point is though he was probably running a large calorie deficit ,I note he counted carbs , macros as well as calories .
                        There is another point here though he ran a 6 days a week weight training plus cardio style work . For a guy who is 63y on a diet and especially training drug free the training volume may have been excessive .

Comment

Ok so here is his training .
                          Bob and I set up two three-day training splits. The first was heavier compound movements, and the second was higher rep isolation movements. He left cardio up to me, but encouraged me to begin each day with fasting fat-burning cardio. I began each day with 16 ounces of water, a cup of coffee, and a 45-minute walk. Then it was meal one. I then did my weight training for 60 to 90 minutes followed by meal two. Another 45-minute walk was followed by meal three and a shower, with meals four and five about three hours apart. On non-weight training days, I would add to or replace one of the walking workouts with a 30-minute HIIT session on an elliptical machine.
                          Unquote

So confining myself to the weight training he is training 6 days a week for 60 to 90 min a session .
                          Pretty typical bosybuilding and it burns calories but drug free excessive volume from the muscle size perspective .

Comment

I do by the way have dexa results that show me losing fat while losing little muscle and gaining muscle while gaining little fat .
                            Of course these were done over longer periods of time not for some comp just going about life .

Comment

Here is an another article worth discussion . One of the things that lower test is alcohol one hears this a lot . Point is how much alcohol . So in the study mentioned it was a pint of whisky a day which is an awful lot to my mind .
                              Article also says low to moderate amounts don't affect . My personal experience was that stoping drinking did not increase my test level .
                              By the way beer has more affect that other forms something to do with the hops .

https://www.pegym.com/articles/8-foo...-that-boost-it

Comment

Working...
                              X