No announcement yet.

fasting for fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To my knowledge the argument for the "fasting" side with resistance training..
    You forgot to add this part of the sentence
    I'd be interested if anyone even compared the 2..
    Did you read this study bro?

The FAST group showed a significantly greater training-induced increase in VO(2max) and resting muscle glycogen concentration than FED (P=0.014 and P=0.047 respectively), but there was no gender interaction. In conclusion,
    It's not even 1% increase am i missing something?
    That's a quote from that study?
    Did you misunderstand the 0 after the decimal place?
    VO(2max) 3.48+/-0.67 l/min
    and vo2max is 3.5%?
    Last edited by 18x13goalreached; 08-03-2021, 09:22 AM.
    march 2020 13.8 (BPEL) x 10.5 cm (5.4 x 4.1) --- 18 (BPEL) x 13.5 cm (7.1 x 5.3) september 2020
    march 2021 19cm/19.5(BPEL) x 13cm (7.5x5)

Comment

The vo2 max increase is significannt .

Some points here though first it's a very small study .
      Second it's in untrained subjects ..
      Third the "fast " was overnight not sure how many hrs . It seems to involve training before breakfast .

It is certainly interesting and would love to see it on a larger scale . One might even decide to go for a jog before breaky rather than after .

The further links seen at the bottom of the page were very interesting and I shall study them further . They seem to indicate some positive outcomes with endurance training.
      Last edited by Pegasus; 08-03-2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Ok so this is a position statement from people that have obviously looked at a lot of evidence .

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28919842/

Comment

Originally posted by 18x13goalreached View Post
          Did you read this study bro?
          I suspect that you didn't, bro

It's not even 1% increase am i missing something?
          That's a quote from that study?
          Did you misunderstand the 0 after the decimal place?

and vo2max is 3.5%?
          You're incorrect.
          Fasted VO2Max increased by 9.7%
          Fasted muscle glycogen increased by 54.7%

Look, you believe what you prefer to believe. I'm not here to win an argument or sell an ideology. If you don't like fasted workouts and they don't suit your personal goals, that's fine with me. They suit mine quite well and I've provided some information that supports the benefits of fasted workouts where my goals are concerned. Maybe you don't share the same goals. Maybe you just don't like information that contradicts something you've already subscribed to. I don't know. But there are people who can benefit from fasted workouts and I'm trying to help by providing some info to support that.

Comment

iv'e got no horse in the race mate ?

I'm just commenting on the information your providing me, i'm not sure why everyone on these pages needs to make things personal and take it to heart?

(often when it's the one they use)

Fasted VO2Max increased by 9.7%
            I asked for the studies that showed 50% increase?

Which was your original claim... you think i'm attacking you.. which you would be mistaken.. i ask for these things because 50% is nothing that iv'e seen in any study

I'm open to any method if its proven to work.. you really need to read my original comment again

So anyways back to my OP statement do you think 10% is enough to make up for lost protein synthesis ( i personally don't)

To my knowledge the argument for the "fasting" side with resistance training.. is it slightly increases HGH (human growth hormone) receptors which allows you some growth while fasting.. I'd be interested if anyone even compared the 2..

Let's say "optimal protein synthesis" vs "fasting" get 2 people.. one to eat 30 grams of protein every 3 hours until they hit their protein quota, and one to fast and do the same with their eating window and see who comes out on top..
            https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19197210/
            Last edited by 18x13goalreached; 08-03-2021, 08:44 PM.
            march 2020 13.8 (BPEL) x 10.5 cm (5.4 x 4.1) --- 18 (BPEL) x 13.5 cm (7.1 x 5.3) september 2020

Comment

Originally posted by 18x13goalreached View Post
              iv'e got no horse in the race mate ?

I'm just commenting on the information your providing me, i'm not sure why everyone on these pages needs to make things personal and take it to heart?

(often when it's the one they use)

I asked for the studies that showed 50% increase?

Which was your original claim... you think i'm attacking you.. which you would be mistaken.. i ask for these things because 50% is nothing that iv'e seen in any study

I'm open to any method if its proven to work.. you really need to read my original comment again

So anyways back to my OP statement do you think 10% is enough to make up for lost protein synthesis ( i personally don't)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19197210/
              If you read the post he never said that vo2 went up 50%.

Seems to me that if your goals are endurance then many would consider it worthwhile subject to what I said in post 62.

Comment

oh he said 50% increase in fat oxidization? well i mean that kind of makes sense from a basic scientific standpoint as your body is going to start eating your fat stores if un-fed?

Kinda basic calorie calorie out type set up?

Comment

Precisely. And, again, if that suits your goals...

I'm not taking it personally. I don't care enough. But you keep coming back to say that fed workouts are more beneficial than fasted workouts when I'm simply saying that it totally depends on what you're trying to achieve. Your point of view seemed to be that fasted workouts don't have merit, regardless of the workout goals. You asked for data to backup my point of view, I provided the data and you still rejected the claim. I don't take that personally - I find it tiring.

Comment

can you label the part where i refuted your claim please so i can use less aggressive language in the future ?

To my knowledge the argument for the "fasting" side with resistance training.. is it slightly increases HGH (human growth hormone) receptors which allows you some growth while fasting.. I'd be interested if anyone even compared the 2..

Let's say "optimal protein synthesis" vs "fasting" get 2 people.. one to eat 30 grams of protein every 3 hours until they hit their protein quota, and one to fast and do the same with their eating window and see who comes out on top..
                    To my knowledge the argument for the "fasting" side with resistance training..
                    resistance training..
                    Getting caught up in semantics of a part of sentence is a sure fire way, not to progress

I'm more than happy to discuss various studies
                    Last edited by 18x13goalreached; 08-04-2021, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X