X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErnieStreet View Post
    true but losing fat is always a plus.
    ...and a pain in the ass.

You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1983 View Post
      ...and a pain in the ass.
      that is one spot where i could probably lose a bit. i have a big butt
      I want to be as big as possible. I'm greedy.
      I want more curves too. I guess I'm really greedy.

Comment

I don't normally do full days of fasting, just 16 hours of fasting and then 8 hours of eating. Does anyone work out while fasting? If so, what type of workouts are you doing? I was running while fasting but wasn't sure on the best way to replaced electrolytes while fasting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashealth View Post
          I don't normally do full days of fasting, just 16 hours of fasting and then 8 hours of eating. Does anyone work out while fasting? If so, what type of workouts are you doing? I was running while fasting but wasn't sure on the best way to replaced electrolytes while fasting.
          I don't really fast but do go 12 or 16 hr without food (unless you count coffee)from time to time and yes I continue to train . The electrolytes should not need replacing if you eat normally most of the time . If you are training for marathons or the like you might think about the timng of your training and supplementing in your eating window.

Comment

I would echo what Pegasus said.

I stop eating in the early afternoon and then don't start eating again until after my morning workout. I workout pretty hard - combination of resistance and cardio - and haven't found that being in a fasted state is a hinderance. There have been a few times when I've been purposeful about trying to put on more muscle weight and I would go into my workouts with some whey powder but I don't know that it made a big difference. I do make sure to eat within an hour or two afterward, though. But I do supplement with pre-workout electrolytes in the form of a drink powder (my preference is LMNT) and I do feel the difference there.

Comment

One has to watch these drink since they can contain all sorts of stuff like sugar and caffiene .

Comment

Does anyone else on here fast periodically?

I just finished a 7 day fast, yes 7 long days and it was really tough. According to research I was able to get all the benefits.
                1) ketosis
                2) the growth hormone spike
                3) helped my insulin-sensitivity
                4) most importantly regeneration of my immune cells

My weight started off at 157 lbs and ended at 149 lbs. From what my bio scale says the weight loss was all fat.

I am pumped up about having an approximate body fat percentage of 18%. I haven't weighted this much in 20 years.

I can't explain how excited I am about my weight loss. I counted the looked from potential partners, people who I would actually have sex with, at 6. that is a gain of 6 people from last year who I would have sex with. One sad note... two were with some guys who were overweight.

So it just goes to show that being in shape is better than a big ole penis. But that will not stop me. I am still gonna continue my routine. Secretly I want to watch someone struggle with my D during sex. Does that make me wrong?
                The next bit is the hard bit you have to gradually increase your calories back to maintenance by 100-200 a week to maintain the loss well done though
                march 2020 13.8 (BPEL) x 10.5 cm (5.4 x 4.1) --- 18 (BPEL) x 13.5 cm (7.1 x 5.3) september 2020
                march 2021 19cm/19.5(BPEL) x 13cm (7.5x5)

Comment

On a side note I am not taken with bioscale have you ever had a dexa scan?

Comment

almost certainly the majority of that loss was a joint effort of muscle tissue and fat if you weren't eating a recommended intake for protein its almost for sure it was some muscle tissue too..

Even before and after photos would be as good as a dexa but no pressure

It's a pretty decent claim in the fitness world to lose only fat that quickly
                    march 2020 13.8 (BPEL) x 10.5 cm (5.4 x 4.1) --- 18 (BPEL) x 13.5 cm (7.1 x 5.3) september 2020

Comment

My experience personally with bio impedence is that it is worthless and that includes the expensive machines that go from gym to gym.

So I too would be a bit dubious re the fat only thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                        One has to watch these drink since they can contain all sorts of stuff like sugar and caffiene .
                        Yep. Which is why I made note of my preferred brand. I agree and would hope that anyone looking for an electrolyte supplement or any other kind of drink powder is checking all the ingredients.

Comment

My home scale - a very good scale - has bio impedance and it's a joke. I do regular DXA scans so will always have an accurate measure of my composition and when I was putting on muscle, my scale just kept telling me I was getting fat

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny D View Post
                            My home scale - a very good scale - has bio impedance and it's a joke. I do regular DXA scans so will always have an accurate measure of my composition and when I was putting on muscle, my scale just kept telling me I was getting fat
                            Among other experiences I did a gym bio impedance (cost $40 ) and didn'tt believe the result . The guy keep supporting the product it was 99% accurate to Dexa yada yada . So I went and got a Dexa which of course had a very different result . When I had the dexa they told me the different result is normal for people from gyms .

Comment

posting a photo of the body and asking someone who has knowledge is usually the best way... even better then a dexa but its understandable some people are shy

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=body...FjQ1sIzfMdGfiM

You can also compare yourself to pre made charts

Comment

Working...
                                X