Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamins

I'm new here,

I've been reading and informing myself on exercises for about a month now and have been doing the beginners workout under the guides with the streches and jeqls for two weeks now. I also workout 4 times a week and run 3 times a week. At this moment I am taking a super b complex i bought from CVS made by natures valley, along with 100mg of zinc, daily. In addition I take N.O. Explode daily, as directed by the manufacture, along with monster milk once a day when I run and twice when I work out. Moreover, I try to drink somthing each day high in antioxidents. Is there anyother natural vitamins, or cheap beverages I should be useing to maximize potential? I've read abou HGH, but that doesn't seem like a good route for me seeing as how im 23, and I've never been a believer in taking pills.

Some additional information, I'm doing this simply for me. I'm 7 1/4 lookin to get to 8, who knows maybe bigger if this works for me...I'm still a skeptic, but definitely willing to put in the time, effort, and patience.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I think this thread is better suited for a different forum, is there a way to deleted a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtiger View Post
      I'm new here,

I've been reading and informing myself on exercises for about a month now and have been doing the beginners workout under the guides with the streches and jeqls for two weeks now. I also workout 4 times a week and run 3 times a week. At this moment I am taking a super b complex i bought from CVS made by natures valley, along with 100mg of zinc, daily. In addition I take N.O. Explode daily, as directed by the manufacture, along with monster milk once a day when I run and twice when I work out. Moreover, I try to drink somthing each day high in antioxidents. Is there anyother natural vitamins, or cheap beverages I should be useing to maximize potential? I've read abou HGH, but that doesn't seem like a good route for me seeing as how im 23, and I've never been a believer in taking pills.

Some additional information, I'm doing this simply for me. I'm 7 1/4 lookin to get to 8, who knows maybe bigger if this works for me...I'm still a skeptic, but definitely willing to put in the time, effort, and patience.

Thanks in advance for the help.
      Okay well first off id say thats to much zinc to be taking daily especially if your only 23 you should be taking around 50 mgs of zinc unless you have a difficiancy or somthing, to much zinc can make your hair fall out. evrything els seems good, make sure you cycle the N.O explode properly aswell.You can also try L arginine but it mostly comes in pills and you say you dont like that(but isnt zinc in pill form along with the super b complex?). anyways i dont hink you need to add anymore supplements unless you really feel you need them.For more info check the threads on supplements and see what other successfull PEers use. Hope this helped
      Nov 22 2011 BPEL- 7.25'' Girth 5.1''

Comment

When I sat down to write the Newbie Routine, I wanted to include a section on supplements for this reason;

When I wrote that, I was kinda leaning toward the idea that most of the Newbies reading it would be in the 18 to 25 year old age bracket.
        Most young people and even many older adults do not receive the vitamins they need in their daily diet. Processed foods are a killer of vitamins. Grab a box, heat it up, throw a TV dinner in the microwave, eat and run. Grab a burger while you are out.

The days of home cooked meals from scratch, are ending.
        Even when there is time to sit down with the family for a meal, most of the time it's take out. So I was going under the assumption that (most) young people are vitamin depleted.
        Even if you try and eat healthy, the ingredients that you buy are processed in ways to preserve shelf life, retain freshness until sold, or full of additives that are devoid of the essential B complexes, as these are a very fragile vitamin.
        As I stated in my 90 day routine, "Take these supplements for the full 90 day program and you will feel your overall health improve." This is a given.
        If you are going to do any kinds of exercise, you need the building blocks of good supplements to further the development of muscle, soft tissue, ligaments and good circulation.
        Hence the recommendation for the Multi-Vitamins, the Super B complex and Zinc. (jP

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

I have tried MaleExtra and it was sweet, I don't like pills myself but you should try some of the regular device extenders!
          http://www.cumswallowx.com/smilies/d...d248edb35b.gif
          http://www.cumswallowx.com/smilies/6...83b0705d76.gif
          http://www.cumswallowx.com/smilies/f...5667d077fc.gif
          http://www.cumswallowx.com/smilies/2...2b9cd91ddd.gif

Comment

I know this is a little bit off topic, but I have a 16-year old son who is an athlete. What sort of vitamins should he be taking? I have been giving him One-a-day Maximum and hoping that would cover his needs. Is this reasonable? He eats well, drinks a ton of whole milk, and we always have home-cooked dinners with fresh food.

Comment

Given the circumstances, I would think that a multi, would be all he would need at this stage, if you include fresh red meat in his diet. (jP

Comment

Yes, he eats fresh red meat regularly. But just out of curiosity, why is red meat important as long as he is getting enough protein?

Comment

Originally posted by Batwoman View Post
                  Yes, he eats fresh red meat regularly. But just out of curiosity, why is red meat important as long as he is getting enough protein?
                  The amino acids and Zinc.
                  Keep his diet balanced, (Yourself included) as you seem to be a very caring Mother.
                  Have him cut back on the milk (not eliminate) and substitute good clean drinking water in it's place, or tea in any form. (jP
                  Last edited by JonPop; 01-29-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I mistated the amount of zinc, it is in fact the 50 mg. Jonpop I just found your article and read it throughly, alot of great information. I have a very fast metabolism, so in order to gain weight, which I have actively been doing for 4 years, I have to cook alot of my meals in order to get the correct amount of protein. Although subjective, I hunt and fish actively, and seldom have to buy any meat. So I feel like I'm in good shape in that aspect. But as far as the L-arginine is concerned, is it possible to take too much? Becuase I don't want to go buy the pills if it is. Seeing as how there is already a considerable amount in the No-explode. I still need to go get a good multi-vit, any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtiger View Post
                      Thanks for the info, I mistated the amount of zinc, it is in fact the 50 mg. Jonpop I just found your article and read it throughly, alot of great information. I have a very fast metabolism, so in order to gain weight, which I have actively been doing for 4 years, I have to cook alot of my meals in order to get the correct amount of protein. Although subjective, I hunt and fish actively, and seldom have to buy any meat. So I feel like I'm in good shape in that aspect. But as far as the L-arginine is concerned, is it possible to take too much? Becuase I don't want to go buy the pills if it is. Seeing as how there is already a considerable amount in the No-explode. I still need to go get a good multi-vit, any suggestions?
                      Ive heard from someone one this site that if you take to much L arginine it will give you the shits but i think you have to take more then 8 grams a day for that to happen.As for the multi vitamin ive tried mega mans sport pack from the GNC and it was pretty good but agian there in pill form but there all natural.

Comment

Yeah, I've tried the mega mans sport pack back in high school when I played football and got allowance, but it's a pretty good chunk of change for just a multi vitamin, especially now that I am in college. I was thinking of something more around the 10-20$ range tops....

Comment

yea you can go to the GNC and buy the mega mans sport vitamins its just the two main pills from the sports pack i think it cost just a little more then 20 bucks

Comment

Oh ok cool, I thought I remebered it being close to 50 or 60. I havn't been to GNC in a while. I get most my workout supplements from DPS nutrition.

Comment

yea thats how much it cost for the vita pack but you can buy each pill buy its self to

Comment

Working...
                              X