Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The picture in the PE Gym banner up top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The picture in the PE Gym banner up top?

Does anyone else find it somewhat disconcerting?

Its just that the guy looks like he has no arms, almost like an amputee?

Just puts me off a little if I am honest.
    Goals: length gains along with any gains in girth and improvements in EQ.

Starting length erect: Bone pressed easy 6.5 inches to a rather more solid 7 inches

Aiming for: Bone pressed erect 8.5 inches+ as I have a serious need to hit the 'hung' club.

Methods: Pumping and weight hanging.

John69

The man that is pictured there isn't an amputee on the banner. We can not show the whole body of the man in the picture because of legal reasons. Sorry that you are offended by it. It took Remek a long time to get the right picture for the banner, and is the best that we could do without exposing the whole body.
    Starting stats 7/15/05 -FL 3.750"x FG 2.125", (BPEL 5.250" x EG 3.750")

Current Stats: 4/16/10 (BPFL 6.500" x FG 5.625"), ( BPEL 7.825" x EG 6.375")

Goal for 2011 BPEL 9.000" x EG 6.500"
    Some people see things, and say, "Why"
    I dream of things that never were, and say "Why Not"

Dusty

Comment

Originally posted by Dustpan View Post
      John69

The man that is pictured there isn't an amputee on the banner. We can not show the whole body of the man in the picture because of legal reasons. Sorry that you are offended by it. It took Remek a long time to get the right picture for the banner, and is the best that we could do without exposing the whole body.
      Dustman, I didnt think he was an amputee lol, I was simply saying the way the arms have been cropped isnt a good look.

Why not use a gallery pic of a nice looking knob attached to some nice abs?

The pic isnt offensive as such, it just has a 'watching someone chewing tinfoil' effect on me, just sets me off.

Either way, its not a major issue LOL, just thought I'd mention it

Starting length erect: Bone pressed easy 6.5 inches to a rather more solid 7 inches

Aiming for: Bone pressed erect 8.5 inches+ as I have a serious need to hit the 'hung' club.

Comment

John69,

That wouldn't be propper to have that kind of picture shown to the public

Dusty

Comment

Originally posted by Dustpan View Post
          John69,

That wouldn't be propper to have that kind of picture shown to the public
          But surely that would be no more than what is on the PE device adverts though? just a nice gallery shot?

Or, if there is to be no knob in shot, then just the whole of some very lean abs, thus emphasising the penile area as it were?

I might have a go at knocking a banner up, are there any more guidelines?

Comment

John69,

I would have to take it up with management

Dusty

Comment

John: No harm, no foul. I love honesty

I'll tell you what. We plan on touching up the design/making the main site more interactive over the upcoming months. Perhaps we can do a "create our next banner" contest where anyone can create a banner and vote then we can all vote on them. What do you think about that? No promises on how soon it will happen, though.
              "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Great idea, I'd be up for that.

When you kick it off, dont forget the dimensions, and guidelines/rules etc.

Could be fun.

Comment

How about this? I cleaned him up a little.

I took out the flesh color on the insides of his arms. I made his forearms more prominent and beefed up his right bicept a little.
                  I also took out a few scattered pixels around his head.

Is this a different pic file as on the home page or is the banner just clipping it? If so, I could clean that one up as well if you would like.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Iguana; 10-29-2008, 11:25 AM.
                  May 2006: 5.75" X 4.5" - Now: 7.44" X 4.875"

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.

Louis Pasteur

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana View Post
                    How about this? I cleaned him up a little.

I took out the flesh color on the insides of his arms. I made his forearms more prominent and beefed up his right bicept a little.
                    I also took out a few scattered pixels around his head.

Is this a different pic file as on the home page or is the banner just clipping it? If so, I could clean that one up as well if you would like.
                    How were you able to change the shading to the image?

Dusty

Comment

I used Photoshop and did some pixel cloning.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.

Louis Pasteur

Comment

Originally posted by john69 View Post
                        Great idea, I'd be up for that.

When you kick it off, dont forget the dimensions, and guidelines/rules etc.

Could be fun.
                        Absolutely. I'll let you know when we kick it off

Iguana: Thank you for the cleaner man!! I uploaded your changes.
                        "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

That looks really good now. Nice job Iguana.

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Thanks! My pleasure!

Louis Pasteur

Comment

Plug plug plug. Anyway, I found a lot of amusment reading this thread because when I first started around this forum I f*ing hated that picture. I don't know why but it drove me nuts. I would have to scroll down just so it was not in my browser-window. I was just noticing that the picture does not offend me anymore.

Great job Iguana, making the world prettier for all of us.

Remek, I don't mean to hate on your masterpiece, I probably would not have done better myself.

Dad
                              Starting BPEL 7.6875" Current 8"
                              Starting EL 7" Current 7.375"
                              Starting BEG 5" Current 5.5"
                              Starting MEG 5" Current 5.25"

On Week 7 of JonPops Newbie Routine.

Goal is to not injure myself over the next 60 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X