PE and weight lifting/bodybuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PE and weight lifting/bodybuilding

I go to the gym 3 days a week, is it safe to do PE too?

Absolutely.

Comment

Totally, good physical fitness helps PE - both cardio & weights.
      Vulcan
      7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
      5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Yep, a lot of us do.

Comment

Bigger chances for faster gains in girth. This is all about good nutrition.
            But separate PE from Gym workouts. Length exercises can go along with weight training but girth not as good.
            No Signature

Comment

Originally posted by mika View Post
              Bigger chances for faster gains in girth. This is all about good nutrition.
              But separate PE from Gym workouts. Length exercises can go along with weight training but girth not as good.
              what do you mean by separate?

Comment

Just don't do it straight one after another. This is all about blood circulation.
                No Signature

Comment

Just don't do it straight one after another. This is all about blood circulation.
                  i didn't know this
                  how many hours should pass?
                  any threads about this?

Comment

I've pointed this out couple of times. This is a good thread to put it straight away.

So, lifting weights you're breaking down your muscles tissue (that's the point). Your body gets into anabolic state for couple of hours (5-7). Just after workout you rise your insulin level which will encourage blood to provide energy and proteins to broken cells. This process will continue focusing your circulation system on big muscles.
                    If you do your girth exercise just before of after workout it may not result in big gains due to overloaded circulation system. Doing your girth PE just after workout is also less effective because of your wasted.
                    In general it's recommended to do length PE on gym days and girth at least one night after also not the same day.
                    This is from theory supported by my experience and observations. Everyone is different though.
                    No Signature

Comment

I could see truth in that, due to blood diversion after weights sessions.
                      Vulcan

Comment

I have PEd about an hour after running and lifting. Was fine, made great gains.
                        Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                        Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                        Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                        http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

I've pointed this out couple of times. This is a good thread to put it straight away.

So, lifting weights you're breaking down your muscles tissue (that's the point). Your body gets into anabolic state for couple of hours (5-7). Just after workout you rise your insulin level which will encourage blood to provide energy and proteins to broken cells. This process will continue focusing your circulation system on big muscles.
                          If you do your girth exercise just before of after workout it may not result in big gains due to overloaded circulation system. Doing your girth PE just after workout is also less effective because of your wasted.
                          In general it's recommended to do length PE on gym days and girth at least one night after also not the same day.
                          This is from theory supported by my experience and observations. Everyone is different though.

wow.just wow. i knew there was a correlation between pe and the gym but this is tight,very tight.
                          Not the same day is impossible for me.
                          Can someone else say something about this?

Comment

Sidewinder, I don't think it should mean you cannot PE on same day as Gym - no way. But that you may want to wait till your Gym Pump wears off before doing the PE workout, more so if it is a Girth session. Stretches might not impact so much.

That's how I understand it. It will vary a lot from person to person like Mika said. I recognize it in myself.
                            Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by vulcan View Post
                              Sidewinder, I don't think it should mean you cannot PE on same day as Gym - no way. But that you may want to wait till your Gym Pump wears off before doing the PE workout, more so if it is a Girth session. Stretches might not impact so much.

That's how I understand it. It will vary a lot from person to person like Mika said. I recognize it in myself.
                              how many hours should pass between PE and Gym and what's better to do PE first and then Gym or the other way around?

Comment

Working...
                              X