Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widget123
    replied
    I was told by a senior professor at my college that, when it comes to working out (weight training), a simple multi-vitamin can work wonders. Of course a protein drink promotes muscles regeneration and growth, but he told the class, If you are gonna take vitmains, take 100% of your daily recommended intake. A little of something is better than nothing. When u start taking "600%" (or whatever) of ur daily intake, the body uses what it needs and passes the rest as waste. When u begin to perform this on a regular basis, of any supplement, thats when u body begins to develope a dependedcy. It starts expecting 600%. and when it doesnt get it, It shows. I was skeptical at first however, my mom is actually a prime example of this. She pops like 13 pills before bed Every night. If she goes more than 48hrs er so w/out her vitamins and shiz. She feels like crap, gets worn down faster, and she finds thats shes much more susceptible to illness.
    I understand that a normal avg multi-vitamin doesn't usually contain the supplements we need so, when it comes to taking a specific concentrated supplement, I would think taking pills in spaced out moderation would be the best course of action (or when needed). Just read the lable first and make a judgment call as nessecary. Even if it means breaking a pill in half.

Feedback welcome.

Leave a comment:

• PEshredder
    replied
    Originally posted by vulcan View Post
    Hi PEshredder,

Arginine Pyroglutamate can be taken along with L-Lysine to get around the competition that you described.

Some people develop cold sores when taking Arginine - that is where Lysine can be useful as it combats this.

Taking Arginine in very high doses to try & increase GH levels made me feel strange - I just take 1000mg once or twice a day, other guys take a bit more to get the desired effect.
    Thanks for the info Vulcan, really appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• vulcan
    replied
    Hi PEshredder,

Arginine Pyroglutamate can be taken along with L-Lysine to get around the competition that you described.

Some people develop cold sores when taking Arginine - that is where Lysine can be useful as it combats this.

Taking Arginine in very high doses to try & increase GH levels made me feel strange - I just take 1000mg once or twice a day, other guys take a bit more to get the desired effect.

Leave a comment:

• PEshredder
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the advice, just one more thing. Are there any side effects to L-Arginine and L-Lysine I should be weary of?

Leave a comment:

• larrypinball
    replied
    Originally posted by Waylander View Post
    I've tried them and I can tell you that its a waste of your hard earned money.
    What ∧ he ∧ said! The five G's for big erections aren't a waste though, I'm about a week in and it is solid!

Leave a comment:

• Waylander
    replied
    I've tried them and I can tell you that its a waste of your hard earned money.

Leave a comment:

• DownLow
    replied
    I have never tried them, but personally wouldn't waste my time or energy or money on them.

Leave a comment:

• robbieb46
    replied
    hello does anyone use those enlargement pills like vigrx,or extenze? do those have any supplements good for penis enlargement, or are they just junk...

Leave a comment:

• PEshredder
    replied
    Originally posted by DownLow View Post
    You will not have trouble if taken in the prescribed amounts. Too much of either Arginine or Lysine will probably be a factor though. I take about 10 different pills in both micro and macro cycles. Microcycle as stated in JPs program of 5 days on and 2 days off, then macrocycle every three months (just my own prgram as I don't like to take supplements but feel if these can give me a slight edge I will try it). If the diet is good, this shouldn't be a problem, and I also only take 1 pill of each and not 2 or 3 as usually stated on the bottle as my diet is decent. Should be fine with standard or underdosing of Zinc as well, but I am not your doctor so can't say for 100 certainty.

List of what I take:
    Vitamin World Maca 300mg
    GNC Mega Men Multi
    Spring Valley Korean Ginseng 100mg
    GNC L Lysine 500mg
    GNC L Arginine 500mg
    NOW Cayenne 500mg
    GNC Ginkgo Biloba 60mg
    GNC Zinc 50mg
    Members Mark Vit D 2000IU
    GNC B Complex 50mg
    Thanks for the information, I'll probably just stick to L-Arginine, L-Lysine, and Zinc for now, along with my other daily supplements. Good to know what other people take though.

Leave a comment:

• larrypinball
    replied
    This is a very good question. Don't know the answer, but looking forward to it!

Welcome and congratulations on your gains!

Leave a comment:

• DownLow
    replied
    You will not have trouble if taken in the prescribed amounts. Too much of either Arginine or Lysine will probably be a factor though. I take about 10 different pills in both micro and macro cycles. Microcycle as stated in JPs program of 5 days on and 2 days off, then macrocycle every three months (just my own prgram as I don't like to take supplements but feel if these can give me a slight edge I will try it). If the diet is good, this shouldn't be a problem, and I also only take 1 pill of each and not 2 or 3 as usually stated on the bottle as my diet is decent. Should be fine with standard or underdosing of Zinc as well, but I am not your doctor so can't say for 100 certainty.

List of what I take:
    Vitamin World Maca 300mg
    GNC Mega Men Multi
    Spring Valley Korean Ginseng 100mg
    GNC L Lysine 500mg
    GNC L Arginine 500mg
    NOW Cayenne 500mg
    GNC Ginkgo Biloba 60mg
    GNC Zinc 50mg
    Members Mark Vit D 2000IU
    GNC B Complex 50mg

Leave a comment:

• PEshredder
    replied
    Waylander - Thanks for the welcome!

Flex - Yes I do try to eat well and exercise, and I'm not too worried. Thanks for the assurance.

But I'm still curious about the L-Arginine and L-Lysine, and Zinc.

Leave a comment:

• Waylander
    replied
    Welcome aboard! I can't answer any technical questions about the supplements but I CAN say

Leave a comment:

• flex
    replied
    You're in good shape and have made some nice gains. Eat a good diet that includes a decent amount of fruit, vegetables, and nuts, and you won't need to worry about supplements.

Leave a comment:

• PEshredder
    started a topic Questions about supplements

Questions about supplements

Hello all, this is my first post as an official member of the PE Gym. I've been doing PE and following this site for about 2 years now. I'm 20 years old, 5'10'', 175 lbs, and in good shape. I've had some nice gains over the past two years, going from an initial 6.25" NBPEL 5" EG to 7" NBPEL 5.75" EG. I'm at a good and happy size but I've definitely plateaued over the past year or so; my gains came pretty early. I'm aiming for 8x6. Just a little background on me.

The main point of my post has to deal with the recommended supplements in JP's Newbie Routine. When I began PE 2 years ago I basically ignored them. However I've been taking vitamins and minerals since I was very young; parents started me on them early. Today I take Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Omega-3 Fish Oil, Glucosamine-Chondroitin, and a multi-vitamin. I occasionally take Stinging Nettle for season allergies, and Zinc and Echinacea for colds and minor illnesses. I've been considering adding some of the supplements that JP recommends, particularly L-Arginine and L-Lysine. I'm hoping they'll give me a bit of a boost to get me going again.

I recently began doing some research on L-Arginine and L-Lysine, and I know the basics. I've read many sources, including JP's Post on the matter: https://www.pegym.com/forums/beginne...formation.html I did read somewhere that L-Arginine and L-Lysine shouldn't be taken together because they compete with one another for the same receptors. However, I've also read that they because they are both levorotatory amino acids, they will work together better than two amino acids that will work differently throughout the body. So is it ok to take both of them together?

Also my parents have always told me that Zinc shouldn't be taken daily for more than necessary, usually about a week. They're no bio-chemists, but of course they've always known what's best for me. So at this point in my life I'm wondering: Is it ok to take Zinc in regulation with a PE routine?

I'd greatly appreciate any help and advice. Thanks in advance.
Working...
X