Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Rest Necessary For Gains Or To Prevent Injury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Rest Necessary For Gains Or To Prevent Injury?

Hey guys, Iím fairly new to PE, Iíve been posting all over the forum since finding it a few months ago and finally registering.

Thanks to all of you for the time you take to help noobs and motivate us.

So, my issue is, I have a very hard time doing nothing on any days!!! Days I plan on resting, I end up at least doing some jelqs and girth exercises.

My daily routine is warm up with heat, clamped massaging and stretching, left right and up stretches, jelqs 100x5, corkscrew stretching 10-15 mins, heavy weight 6-10lbs 10-15 mins, and I usually hang extremely low weight most of the day just for tension.

The last month or so, I can physically see a difference! My eq is ridiculous, and I havenít had much pain or soreness.

So, if Iím seeing a difference and I havenít taken any days off (Just do lighter exercises 1 or 2 days a week) is it absolutely necessary to take full days doing nothing??

Or, are the days off to prevent injury and pain?

I know with working out muscles, you need recovery time to build the muscle.

Is this the same principal?

I know there isnít much science to cite but Iíll take anecdotal evidence..

👍🏻

Thanks!

Hi. I switched from PE exercises that aim to gain size to exercises that relax my pelvic floor muscles and edge without orgasm (for a while). My logic is that I am solidifying a good base that I am building on/ doing PE for size.
    BPEL: 6.5 6.6 6.7 6.8 6.9 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 7.7 7.8 7.9 8.0
    MEG: 5.7 5.8 5.9 6 (depends on the EQ)

3-Year Goal: L:8, G: 6.0

Comment

Originally posted by Ieatazz View Post
      I know with working out muscles, you need recovery time to build the muscle.

Is this the same principal?
      Yes it is.

For example pumping is a great way to demonstrate this. Red spots can be seen on the skin and after a while the skin can also darken from lots of pumping. Those red spots heal fairly quickly in 24-48 hours and then you can pump again.
      Start 7.28 x 4.88 Current 8.11 x 5.43

Comment

Rest days are vital for gains.
        Without rest days... Contineous growth can not happen.

Comment

Thanks for input guys!

Iím gonna try to take a day or 2 off a week! Maybe just a couple of days of warmup and light stretching only..

Not sure if I can do nothing. Too much zipping around my head to just ignore it 2 days a week..

Comment

Originally posted by Ieatazz View Post
            Thanks for input guys!

Iím gonna try to take a day or 2 off a week! Maybe just a couple of days of warmup and light stretching only..

Not sure if I can do nothing. Too much zipping around my head to just ignore it 2 days a week..
            A question (hopefully not a threadjack) I read somewhere that rest days are important for girth gains, but no so much for length as you are primarily stretching ligaments with manual lengths exercises. Does that sound right? I do take days off from girth exercises (clamping, jelq, bundled stretches) but do daily length stretches.

Comment

Yes rest days are also vital for length gains...
              The fact that you are not taking any rest days from length work is the No1 reason of your no gains results that you are mentioning in your thread.

Comment

I've always considered rest days as cashing in your paycheck for all the hard work you've been doing and enjoying the weekend off doing other things. Without rest it's easier to hit a plateau where it's difficult to gain any more. The more advanced and vigorous the exercises the more rest days you should include. Exercises like squeezes and clamping shouldn't be done every day.
                Progress Log | Extender Progress Log
                Recommended Routine
                2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > Jan 2020 (7 3/4 x 5 3/4) > Sept 2020 (8 x 5 3/4)
                BPEL Gains: 2.5" | MEG Gains: 1.25"

Comment

Planned rest days are vital to recovery and making gains.
                  Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

Comment

👍🏻

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                    Planned rest days are vital to recovery and making gains.
                    Iím going to try my hardest to take today off! I have a busy day and hopefully, I can ignore the temptationÖ

Comment

I took yesterday off!! Didn’t stretch, didn’t do anything!!

Man, that was not easy to do!!

I don’t know how you guys take 2 days off in a row. I’m going to have to do 3 on 1 off. It was a real struggle to take 1 day…

I really do appreciate you guys, thanks!

Comment

Just keep in mind, you are the one in charge, not your penis!
                        Valued Member of 11 years at the PEGym
                        Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Working...
                        X