Kegel overtained?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegel overtained?

i just finished my pe training for the day and finished off with some edging, while edging i had to stop a heck of alot more times then normal because due to getting close to the ponr. Could this be because of over training my kegel muscle?

I've had this happen to me and it was just fatigue. It could be due to overtraining but could also just be a little fatigue. Remember it's a skeletal muscle and it needs rest for it to develop.

Just rest for a day and take it easy! Good luck.
    "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
    - Maya Angelou

Comment

I agree with Larry: probably just a bit of fatigue.
      Mason, what is your kegel routine?
      Pirate Diplomacy:
      The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

90 all up but i do 50 hold it for 20 then do the other 40 then hold it for 20, plus i do a few kegels in my pe training.

Comment

Any reverse?
          Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
          Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
          Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
          http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

how do you do reverse kegel?? what are the benefits of diong them while edging??

Comment

A reverse Kegel is like forcing out a piss or a fart. Doing them while edging helps hold back ejaculation when done at the right time, I've yet to do it successfully but I feel i've not trained the reverse reflex enough. I feel it would work because ejaculation and urination can not both happen at the same time, so the body puts priority on urination, just my theory but yeah, sounds ok.
              Foreskins are friends.

Comment

Mason, How often are you doing this routine?
                You should be working some reverse kegels into your efforts.
                Pirate Diplomacy:
                The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Comment

i normaly do them 3 times a week mon wed and fridays. i just took a week off because of it so im ready to start again. how many reps of reverse ones should i do?

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
                    Any reverse?
                    Why would reverse kegels have an impact on this? What do they actually do?

Comment

It would be like working on a regular muscle. It would be like trying to get big arms, but working on only your biceps rather than triceps as well.

The yin to the kegels yang. It's just important to do to get a full kegel workout in.
                      Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                      Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                      Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                      http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Good post np .

We have noticed that some guys doing kegals only, have problems with control. Too much yang (standard kegals), seems to lead to a type of stiffness, almost spasm ,after a prolonged time without reverse.

Doing reverse only is rare and the effects little known, so I have experimented with it recently. It does indeed ,over time ,seem to lead to too much yin (for want of a better word). I would recomend reverse kegal only workouts to bring back balance,not for ongoing use. The question as to what % of kegals should be reverse remains to be resolved. However 30 to 50% has been used with success by such kegal masters as Pirate. Batwoman has increased her control since increasing her reverse % from a lower range.

Any thoughts guys? This is an area of interest for general sexual stamina, as well as do and mmo.

Comment

Thank you, Pegasus, for the nice words.
                          I was doing kegels only for a long time. Initially, I got increased EQ, control, and sensitivity. Then I think I began to overwork it and my EQ became increasingly inconsistent.
                          I took a break from PE, including kegels, for about 3 weeks. I rethought my approach and my revised, reduced, routine was 50%/50% kegel/reverse kegel. My EQ, sensitivity, and especially control, all began to increase again. I have since reduced the percentage of reverse kegels in favor of more kegels (actually Super Kegels) but I have no hard data that this is a good decision. It simply feels like a more balanced approach. My routine is around 35% reverse kegels now.
                          Try alternating kegels sometime: one kegel, one reverse kegel, one kegel, one reverse kegel, and so on.
                          For me, at least, it requires a lot of concentration and provides a pretty intense workout.
                          Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

Hmm Pirate that is in the band I mentioned. Do you think the lower end of the band is advised?

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                              Hmm Pirate that is in the band I mentioned. Do you think the lower end of the band is advised?
                              I am open on the subject but I don't feel like I get much benefit from building a bigger reverse kegel workout. I think they are important for balance and control but they do not directly contribute to EQ they way that kegels do.
                              What are your thoughts on the subject?
                              Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

Working...
                              X