Clear All

• incogneeetoe
    replied
    take a look at this thread while you are at it:
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/penile-...nis-101-a.html

Leave a comment:

• Throwaway321
    replied
    Thank you. I have done more research and I do agree it's the overzealous newbies that injure themselves, or the over confident advanced user. That will never be me. However, i recall years ago a small number of people having a genetic predisposition to having one time major injuries. How do I know I'm not in that group? By playing it safe? I get so much anxiety over the possibility of never getting an erection again.

I agree with the studies, there's more standardization this way. Unless you had MD's willing to do the exercises, it wouldn't be scientific, and Dr's don't get paid enough. Furthermore, who would fund the jelqing studies?

Regarding the extender, I do have a few questions. I have been using the X4, and I question if I'm using enough tension. I can strap in and go to almost the full length, and the tension bars never really increase on it, despite the fact that I for sure am feeling a pulling feeling when I turn the rods. It's not an uncomfortable feeling, yet the rods don't seem to show any traction. It's not until I fully twist out all the rods that I get a slight tension, that seems to go up to 3-500 at my current setting. This takes me at least an hour to get there however. Is this stilla reasonable tension level? It sounds like I'm getting very light tension that the bar won't register (e.g 50 grams or so). Yet when I turn the knobs too quickly, my head shrivels up and it goes purple when I take it off (just at the top near the comfort strap).
    Originally posted by Cavalier View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Any form of PE, whether it's manual or a device, has it's risks. Most of the injuries you may read about usually boil down to either poor technique, failure to read and follow the beginner instructions or starting off and/or advancing too fast in an overzealous attempt at making fast gains. It's obvious that your biggest concern is safety and injury prevention and that should be everyone's priority. You should be fine with your mindset and approach.

You are right about that the only studies out there are focused on extenders. I believe the reason for it is that the many variables involved with PE are easier to control with this device. If the study can't control variables, such as tension for example, then the results will be skewed.

You are also right that there have been no injuries reported in these studies. I personally believe that extending is one of the safes forms of PE IF done correctly. Starting off with a manual routine using advanced exercises will have a high risk of injury. If you start of extending at 3000 grams for 10 hours a day likewise there will be a high risk of injury. Most any reputable device manufacturer will have a recommended start up program that will start you of light and advance the time and intensity slowly over a couple of months to condition your penis. If your extender didn't come with a routine you can follow this one. Extender routine

Ask questions, listen to what your dick it telling you, pay attention to your Physiological Indicators (PI's) and you will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Throwaway321
    replied
    Thanks. I have been working through all the main posts. They are extremely helpful.
    I am starting to realize that most injuries are rarely from light jelqing, and it seems that my research is skewed because jelqing is also by far the most common exercise, therefore it's disproportionately over-represented. My plan is to do a lighter version of the newbie routine (less jelqing, same warmup, lighter stretching, less intense) and perhaps after a month start the newbie routine as is, and just use extremely light jelqing. I tried today with maybe a 30-50% erection with a VERY light grip, and I was able to hit enough pressure where I did see a very slight bulge in my glans at the end of the rep. It was very subtle but enough that I could detect it. I will slowly and gradually work up from what I saw today, with absolutely no rush. I'll do lower reps as well to keep it safe, and use it before the extender. I probably used maybe 150 hours in an extender about a decade ago, and have been using an X4 for a couple of weeks now. I tend to use very low traction which I think makes it more reasonable to use now.

Also I forgot to mention that I am trying to get rid of a 30 degree curve, so I want to do more stretching/length exercises for the first year, and move to girth later, since I want to improve my curve, not worsen it. I've done enough measurements to confidently say 6.1 is my BPEL and 30 degrees is my curve. I couldn't care less about flacid length. Still trying to obtain accurate girth measurements.
    Originally posted by not2big View Post
    Hey Throwaway!

Welcome to the Gym

It would be a good idea to click on the Start Here button at the top left of the page. Lots of good information on what the Gym is all about, including best practices and safety tips.

It is best to condition your dick before starting extender work.

It is always recommended to start with a beginners routine (doesn't have to be the JP) and continue with it for 90 days or until you stop gaining. Start slowly and build up to the full routine over a few weeks.

Jelq with an erection level between 40 and 70%. Do not grip too tight, just enough to feel blood moving up the shaft. When stretching, grab your shaft about one inch below the glans and do not pull too hard, just enough to to feel a slight stretch. Let your PIs be your guide as to how hard to pursue

Dont forget to take good starting measurements and photos so you have a solid base to compare your gains to.

PE safely and good luck with your endeavors.

Leave a comment:

• Cavalier
    replied
    Welcome to the forum!

Any form of PE, whether it's manual or a device, has it's risks. Most of the injuries you may read about usually boil down to either poor technique, failure to read and follow the beginner instructions or starting off and/or advancing too fast in an overzealous attempt at making fast gains. It's obvious that your biggest concern is safety and injury prevention and that should be everyone's priority. You should be fine with your mindset and approach.

You are right about that the only studies out there are focused on extenders. I believe the reason for it is that the many variables involved with PE are easier to control with this device. If the study can't control variables, such as tension for example, then the results will be skewed.

You are also right that there have been no injuries reported in these studies. I personally believe that extending is one of the safes forms of PE IF done correctly. Starting off with a manual routine using advanced exercises will have a high risk of injury. If you start of extending at 3000 grams for 10 hours a day likewise there will be a high risk of injury. Most any reputable device manufacturer will have a recommended start up program that will start you of light and advance the time and intensity slowly over a couple of months to condition your penis. If your extender didn't come with a routine you can follow this one. Extender routine

Ask questions, listen to what your dick it telling you, pay attention to your Physiological Indicators (PI's) and you will be fine.
    Last edited by Cavalier; 10-07-2018, 07:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• not2big
    replied
    Hey Throwaway!

Welcome to the Gym

It would be a good idea to click on the Start Here button at the top left of the page. Lots of good information on what the Gym is all about, including best practices and safety tips.

It is best to condition your dick before starting extender work.

It is always recommended to start with a beginners routine (doesn't have to be the JP) and continue with it for 90 days or until you stop gaining. Start slowly and build up to the full routine over a few weeks.

Jelq with an erection level between 40 and 70%. Do not grip too tight, just enough to feel blood moving up the shaft. When stretching, grab your shaft about one inch below the glans and do not pull too hard, just enough to to feel a slight stretch. Let your PIs be your guide as to how hard to pursue

Dont forget to take good starting measurements and photos so you have a solid base to compare your gains to.

PE safely and good luck with your endeavors.
    Last edited by not2big; 10-06-2018, 05:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Help me reconcile inconsistent information regarding safety

Okay, I am relatively new to PE, but have researched it extensively. All of the studies seem to be focused on extenders, which show that by themselves they are an effective and safe way of growing length and a tiny bit of girth. I am trying to correct a 30 degree curve. I am not seeing histories of injuries on the studies, yet people still warn me of the risks on these forums. Yet when I look into injury reports, they almost always seem to be from manual exercises, most specifically, jelqing. In fact jelqing seems to be the one exercise that has the potential for one wrong incident to create a permanent injury. I am absolutely terrified of getting injured, and want to do whatever I can to mitigate this risk.

All the forums seem to recommend jelqing before extending, yet the own injury reports and extender studies don't support this conclusion. My goal is to bring my curve to under 10 degrees (I know straight will never happen), and to gain from 6.1 to 6.5-7, and 4.8 to 5.0 or so. That's all I want. I'm not being greedy, I just want a nice straighter and slightly bigger dick. I don't care if it takes me 2 years to get there, as long as I am minimizing my injury risk.

I just bought the x4 after using a cheap ebay extender, and am noticing it has way better tension. Any thoughts on safety?
Working...
X