Kegel Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegel Advice

Hi everyone. Had a quick question on Kegelling. I know a few people have mentioned Premature Ejaculation on here when first practicing kegel excersizes, but has anyone ever experienced a loss of erection? When I'm with my girl and I feel myself about to go, I kegel as hard as I can. It stops the flow for a few minutes, but I loose my erection almost immediately after those few minutes. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Hey PMuse!
    Thanks for joining and thanks for posting.
    Loss of EQ (Erection Quality) is a fairly common side effect of kegel overtraining. How much are you doing?
    Pirate Diplomacy:
    The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

It is also possible, that you are having a retro ejaculation.

Comment

Thanks for the response guys.

Pirate - That would make sense. I never thought overtraining would cause a loss of EQ. I usually do kegals on my way to work in the morning (typically a 45 min drive). Becasue I've never "felt the burn" for lack of better expression, I didnt think I was overtraining. is 45 mins a day overkill?

Pegasus - I've never heard of a retro ejaculation before. Could you explain or point me to a site that might give more detail on what this is?

Comment

Retrograde ejaculation is when the seminal vesicles (where semen is stored) and the prostatic secretions are ejaculated into the urinary bladder instead of down and out through the penis. The pathway into the urinary bladder is acutally much shorter. The ejaculate takes the path of least resistance, and we would all have retrograde ejaculation all the time, but part of the neural mechanism of ejaculation causes the constriction of a muscular sphincter at the lower end of the urinary bladder (bladder outlet) which shuts off that pathway.

Injury to some of the sympathetic nerves going into the pelvis (which can occur with some surgical procedures) and some medications (especially antidepressants) can cause a failure of this mechanism, resulting in retrograde ejaculation. If you strengthened your bulbocavernosus muscle to the extent that it clamped off the penile urethra to a greater extent than the bladder sphincter clamped off the bladder outlet, I suppose it could result in retrograde ejaculation.

Comment

For whatever reason, I never feel the burn when I kegel but I do get a feeling of fatigue, so it is a bit harder to judge whether I am over-kegeling. 45 minutes is a long workout unless you are already in great shape. How long have you been doing this?
            I am not a fan of doing a workout like that everyday. I think you should go every other day and let those muscles rest, recover, and rebuild.
            Pirate Diplomacy:
            The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

Retro ejaculation is common in guys attempting dry orgasm, which requires a kegal at the ponr. This would result in a loss of erection in the normal way.

Comment

Working...
              X