X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fordyce's Spots

Fordyce's spot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone else got this?

I'v had it since as long as i can remember, its never really bothered me too much till recently but i believe it seems to be getting worse and more are appearing. I'd say iv got a pretty bad case of it now, they only seem visable when erect though and their on the under shaft of my penis and scrotum i HATE the things n its getting me really depressed.

- I'v tried popping them /cutting them off which hurts like sh!t + scars + they seem to just come back.
    - I'v tried shaving + scrubbing my dick with a scrubbing brush twice a day for about 2 weeks now.

About 40% of men have this apparently, just some cases are worse than others.

Any ideas or success stories on removal people???
    Last edited by enzouk; 05-26-2010, 11:34 AM.

These links should help:

https://www.pegym.com/forums/beginne...pots-cure.html

https://www.pegym.com/forums/beginne...-smoother.html
    Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

Comment

thanks for the links, i'll take a read now.

i did try the forum search feature but i was saying "access denied 404" when i clicked any of the threads.

Comment

The links didn't really help that much as everyones responses in the threads are mixed, new information + experiences from users would be helpful.

Comment

There are some recommendations for treatments/solutions in each of those threads.
          Want One FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

25 years of experience in male enhancement now compiled into a 192 page instantly downloadable ebook -CLAIM YOURS HERE NOW for $7 (instead of $37)

Comment

Originally posted by enzouk View Post
            Fordyce's spot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone else got this?

I'v had it since as long as i can remember, its never really bothered me too much till recently but i believe it seems to be getting worse and more are appearing. I'd say iv got a pretty bad case of it now, they only seem visable when erect though and their on the under shaft of my penis and scrotum i HATE the things n its getting me really depressed.

- I'v tried popping them /cutting them off which hurts like sh!t + scars + they seem to just come back.
            - I'v tried shaving + scrubbing my dick with a scrubbing brush twice a day for about 2 weeks now.

About 40% of men have this apparently, just some cases are worse than others.

Any ideas or success stories on removal people???
            Sebaceous Prominence, AKA Fordyce's Spots. Yes, I have them. I was also a member of several SP forums.

There simply is no cure for them. Your Sebaceous oil glands are irregular and thats all there is too it. You can alleviate the symptoms however.

DONT use tweazers or scalpels or popping to try and get rid of them. Youll just cause irritation which will leave them red and puffy and possibly cause an infection.

DONT get depressed. A LOT of guys have them. In fact all people have sebaceous glands on their skin, but people with SP just have some irregular ones. Its not a big deal and its a lot less noticable than you think. Try taking some pictures of your SP sometime and then look at the pictures. I think you will find it is less "prominent" in reality than in your mind. I have pics of my shaft in my progress thread. Do they look prominent?

All that being said, I still do things to alleviate them and here is what has worked for me.

SP is a build up of Keratin in the glands. It forms a hard type of shell as it blocks the gland and produces a bump. Sulfur works great to break up Keratin. I ordered some Sulfur Soap online, got a mild scrub pad from Walmart that people use to scrub their faces and such, and I lathered with the soap and scrubbed my shaft. It wore them down and made my shaft much smoother. In some cases it actually removed the little bump altogether, but in most cases they come back. Continued scrubbing like this will keep them much smaller though and the skin much smoother. Another factor with SP is bacteria. SP and Acne are related as it is the Sebaceous glands that also cause acne. Benzoyl Peroxide is also useful, though a bit harsher on the skin. The Sulfur Soap I had ordered also had BP in it.

These days I dont buy the Sulfur Soap anymore, although I think it worked good. Another good choice is Dial Antibacterial. I scrub about once a week or two. Occasionally I will use a light Benzoyl Peroxide solution on a cotton ball and clean my shaft with it as well. Yes it stings. It also keeps the bacteria away and prevents it from irritating my SP.

For almost 20 years I thought I had some kind of incurable disease. Its symptoms are simliar to so many std's out there I simply resigned myself to be a freak and be happy with any sex I got. I assure you, I know as much as anyone about how depressed this ailment can get you, especially if you arent sure what it is. But you do know what it is. You are normal. Chicks are not going to care about it, and throughout my life I only ever had one girl mention them and that was when I was 15.

Keep your SP affected area clean. Use antibacterial/sulfur/BP to counter the extra Keratin and bacteria SP produces. A light scrub pad is your best friend. Dont let this get you down. It will only affect your sex life if you let it get to you, because girls you will be with wont care.
            Last edited by tahksis; 05-26-2010, 12:48 PM.
            Tahksis' Progress Log
            NBPEL\BPEL: 5.5\6" X EG: 4.5 - Started 4/12/10

Comment

thanks for the reply, its greatly appreciated.

I'm gonna try what you said, see what effects it'll have. worth a shot! i checked your log + i think mine are a lot worse still, ill possibly try n get some pics to assist the thread tommorow or friday.

Comment

Originally posted by enzouk View Post
                thanks for the reply, its greatly appreciated.

I'm gonna try what you said, see what effects it'll have. worth a shot! i checked your log + i think mine are a lot worse still, ill possibly try n get some pics to assist the thread tommorow or friday.
                NP. if you have any questions feel free to ask em or send me a PM.

Seriously, though, dont let SP get to ya. I had a lifetime of stressing over it, even though no girl ever complained, only to find out it wasnt a problem. Through all that I still got laid quite a bit. It wont hurt ya.
                Tahksis' Progress Log

Comment

I have a few of these. Matter of fact got 5 new ones in the last year and thought I had genital warts. Scared the crap out of me. Thought to myself...made it 40 years with no problems how could it go wrong now.

Went to the Dr. and they told me not warts. They told me pearly penile papules. Nope, if you need to be seen go to a dermatologist not your G.P. I have on my shaft and base of penis - pearly penile papules don't show up there.

Girlfriend doesn't care about them. Dick still feels great. So I'm not worried at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther View Post
                    I have a few of these. Matter of fact got 5 new ones in the last year and thought I had genital warts. Scared the crap out of me. Thought to myself...made it 40 years with no problems how could it go wrong now.

Went to the Dr. and they told me not warts. They told me pearly penile papules. Nope, if you need to be seen go to a dermatologist not your G.P. I have on my shaft and base of penis - pearly penile papules don't show up there.

Girlfriend doesn't care about them. Dick still feels great. So I'm not worried at all.
                    SP gets misdiagnosed a lot. Definately go to a Dermatologist, and many of them are still clueless as to SP and may need educating.

I would say, though, that it is very rare to have them appear anytime after puberty. Sebaceous glands usually go abnormal at that time and dont really get worse after one has matured.

Let me ask, do you have the spots on the inside of your lips as well? That would be another indicator that you have SP. Fordyce spots on the lips do not have bumps, but look like off color spots in cluster patterns on the inside rim of the lip. http://z.about.com/w/experts/Oral-Su...09/04/lips.jpg
                    Tahksis' Progress Log

Comment

I have both that and pearly penile papules, gave me quite a scare awhile back.

Once I found out it was all safe and I wasn't about to have my dick fall off, I kind of forgot about it and went on with life.
                      Measurements

NBPEL - 6.5 Inches ( Measured From Above)
                      EG - 5.2 Inches

Goals

EL - 19cm / 7.5 Inches
                      EG - 5.6 Inches

Comment

Working...
                      X