Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you Kegel too much? And am I doing it right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you Kegel too much? And am I doing it right?

Okay, so I have to say so far I am really enjoying this PE.

My question is - how often can I kegel/bc flex? I usually do it daily.

And am I doing it correctly? I usually do quick/1 second flexes. And mix in a few 3 second holds.

Also, I usually actually feel between my scrotum and hole for my BC muscle and I lightly pull on my penis head. I can feel the muscle flex up and a little pull back in my penis.

Am I exercising the right muscle? And will this strengthen it?

Yes, you can certainly overwork your PC as you can any muscle. I find that a challenging kegel workout every other day works best for me, though I still kegel every time I pee.
    You should consider gradually extending your holds. I do 30 second and 60 second holds in addition to the regular kegel.
    Also, take a look at Reverse Kegels.
    Here is some reading material:
    Kegel
    Pirate Diplomacy:
    The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

blackirish ... your description of the movement and feeling sounds exactly right.

If you want to double check your technique, take a great big drink of water and then when you go to pee, kegel repeatedly to stop the flow, start the flow, stop the flow, start the flow, stop the flow, etc.

Comment

Thanks guys,

I figured I was doing okay because m EQ has definitely gone up. But I wanted to double check. I think I am also going to switch to every other day. I wasn't aware a rest was needed for this exercise.

Comment

Good man. Rest is very important.
          Pirate Diplomacy:
          The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Comment

Pirate,

For a newbie (about 1 month) what do you think is a good kegel routine? I was thinking that after my PE on days I do PE, I will do about 150 one second kegels, about five 30 second kegels (or attempt to hold it that long) and two 60 second kegels (or again, attempt to hold that long). Do you think thats enough to really build up the muscle if I do this about four days a week?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

That sounds like a fine routine except I would suggest going with 15 second holds for a month and then going to 20 second holds for a month (then 30 second, then 45 second, then 60 second) but you really have to pay attention to how you feel. You may be pushing things a bit too hard trying for 30 second and 60 second holds so soon.
              How is your Erection Quality (EQ)?
              Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

To piggyback on this thread, are there any signs you're kegeling too much?

I'm asking because I don't have a set routine where I sit and count, I mostly do them while sitting at work. But since I'm working, I lose track of the count, and don't have a great idea of how many I've done.

I figured if I was over-working, I'd be able to physically tell, but now thinking about it that could be a dumb theory.

Comment

Well, you don't get sore the way that you might expect. At least, I don't. However, there is a feeling of fatigue especially when you kegel while peeing. You might also note a decrease in your EQ (Erection Quality.)
                  Last edited by Pirate; 06-07-2010, 11:39 PM.
                  Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

If you want to know how sucky it is to overwork your PC muscle, send me a PM. It sucks.
                    Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                    Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                    Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                    http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Working...
                    X