Turtling-is it BAD or is it GOOD or is it NEUTRAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtling-is it BAD or is it GOOD or is it NEUTRAL

Has anyone actually come to a conclusion yet? All I see is debating. The medical community seems to think it is good, the PE community seems to think it is bad or neutral.
    Starting April 2010: NBPEL: 5.25-5.5
    BPEL: Approx. 6
    EG: 4.4

End of November 2010: NBPEL: 6.5
    BPEL: 7
    EG: 4.6

Goal: NBPEL: 7
    EG: 5-5.5

New Routine: OTS hanging, bundled stretches in between, erect stretches, 100 jelqs at full erection level.

You should turtle after certain activites. Working out (body) should turtle you because blood is flowing to where it's needed. Same with being cold. You should not turtle directly after a PE workout as blood should still be flowing in there because it was just exercised. If you're turtling during/right after a PE workout then you're probably doing something wrong.
    Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
    Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
    Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
    http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

It depends on how you interpret it. I've always maintained the opinion that turtling is a P.I. and I never want to do anything to keep it from happening. Turtling is a sign that you might be doing too much. If you cover that up (let's say, for example, with traction wrapping), then you are covering up a P.I. that could be vital to growth. When I turtle, I try to find out what caused it. So, in that respect, I don't view it as negative or positive. I interpret it based on what I think caused it. I hope all of that makes sense...I'm sorta tired right now.

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
        You should turtle after certain activites. Working out (body) should turtle you because blood is flowing to where it's needed. Same with being cold. You should not turtle directly after a PE workout as blood should still be flowing in there because it was just exercised. If you're turtling during/right after a PE workout then you're probably doing something wrong.
        What if you turtle randomly throughout the day but not due to cold and exercising?

New Routine: OTS hanging, bundled stretches in between, erect stretches, 100 jelqs at full erection level.

Comment

It all depends on what the blood is being used for. Doing tons of work? Lots of blood in brain. If you're turtling while spacing out, exerting no energy, and just sitting around... well, you probably overdid it or had a worthless session. Just gotta figure it out on your own. Everyone is different, so it's hard to pinpoint an exact reason why.

Comment

It all depends on what the blood is being used for. Doing tons of work? Lots of blood in brain. If you're turtling while spacing out, exerting no energy, and just sitting around... well, you probably overdid it or had a worthless session. Just gotta figure it out on your own. Everyone is different, so it's hard to pinpoint an exact reason why.

Probably overdid it with the stretching. I am going to take today and possibly tomorrow off and then start up with just jelqing and then light stretches. I hope I didn't have a worthless session Maybe I will buy an extender soon and just use that at night time with 250 jelqs/day.

Comment

When I say worthless session I mean you did it without wanting to and it was more of a chore than enjoyment. I find it's better to just not do anything if you really don't want to. Bad mindset = no gains/bad workout, at least for me.

Comment

When I say worthless session I mean you did it without wanting to and it was more of a chore than enjoyment. I find it's better to just not do anything if you really don't want to. Bad mindset = no gains/bad workout, at least for me.
                Well working out anything really isn't enjoyable to me. If I was starting where you started I may indeed be less inclined to work out if I didn't want to.

Comment

Try and make it fun. Put music on, do whatever. If you enjoy and look forward to working out I feel gains come more quickly. Also, don't expect gains. Disappointment in not gaining can really effect your mindset and be very counter-productive to gaining. Realizing how good it is, health wise, and focusing on that rather than gains is important as well. I'm currently focusing on girth, and if the gains come... awesome. If not, my dick is healthier than it ever has been before, I can last longer, have DO's and it's a bit bigger.

I do PE like I work out. It's not to look better (or get bigger) but because it's healthy.

Comment

Try and make it fun. Put music on, do whatever. If you enjoy and look forward to working out I feel gains come more quickly. Also, don't expect gains. Disappointment in not gaining can really effect your mindset and be very counter-productive to gaining. Realizing how good it is, health wise, and focusing on that rather than gains is important as well. I'm currently focusing on girth, and if the gains come... awesome. If not, my dick is healthier than it ever has been before, I can last longer, have DO's and it's a bit bigger.

I do PE like I work out. It's not to look better (or get bigger) but because it's healthy.
                    Well that is a good way to look at things but I unfortunately will never look at things like that unless I am truly doing this for fun. It is sort of like when I was obese in 9th grade and I decided to purge and starve for months. I lost 100 pounds. FUCK healthy. I wanted to be thin. And now I am! So I kind of look at this the same way. Trust me if I was 8 inches lol, I would probably look at it the same way you do. If you were my size, you'd probably be more on the desperate side I think.

Comment

I know, and it's kinda tough to realize now... but having the proper mindset and enjoying it IS KEY to gaining. I'm sure every other member who has had positive results would tell you the same thing.

PE is something that takes a LOT of time and dedication. It took me about 7 months to get to an inch. Faster than some, slower than others. I gained nothing in the first month, but kept at it. You HAVE too fix that mindset buddy. Seriously, a good attitude is really needed for gaining. Size is not important to women. So you should never be desperate for gains. Try and enjoy it... do whatever it takes to enjoy it. Sometimes I listen to music and dance (sway) while jelqing. Sounds stupid, but really gets me in a rhythm and I actually, truly enjoy doing the exercises.
                      Keep it up. I HATE working out... moreso running. I know if I keep at it, I will eventually get use to it and enjoy it. I use to back when I was in good shape.

Comment

I know, and it's kinda tough to realize now... but having the proper mindset and enjoying it IS KEY to gaining. I'm sure every other member who has had positive results would tell you the same thing.

PE is something that takes a LOT of time and dedication. It took me about 7 months to get to an inch. Faster than some, slower than others. I gained nothing in the first month, but kept at it. You HAVE too fix that mindset buddy. Seriously, a good attitude is really needed for gaining. Size is not important to women. So you should never be desperate for gains. Try and enjoy it... do whatever it takes to enjoy it. Sometimes I listen to music and dance (sway) while jelqing. Sounds stupid, but really gets me in a rhythm and I actually, truly enjoy doing the exercises.
                        Keep it up. I HATE working out... moreso running. I know if I keep at it, I will eventually get use to it and enjoy it. I use to back when I was in good shape.

I think if I notice some gains I will begin to enjoy it. At the moment I am kind of holding my breath.

Comment

Skepticism will be there. Everyone is when they start. EVERYONE. Keep at it. Just realize that when you measure and they don't come, it isn't bad. This process takes time, and gains do not happen overnight.
                          Once you notice an improvement in erection quality or flaccid size you should start to realize it works. I know it's really hard to believe and therefor easy to be skeptical about the entire process. Just try and power through that and enjoy the whole thing.

Comment

Not sure about the accuracy of that last part. If you work out your unit there will most likely be some turtling because your body doesn't know that what you just did to it was a good thing or bad, so it will back it off for protection sake.
                            FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
                            The Ultimate V (The UV)
                            Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                            Heated Bundled LAS
                            Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Since I was born I've been turtling for various reasons and none of them have been because of poor PE techniques. I turtle when I wear underwear, when I get cold, when I get sick, after sex, even when I hang way low flaccid wrinkles are evident. When I'm sexually aroused I have some turle stuff behind my glans just because thatís the way my penis is (when I'm under a hot shower not so much but even then I've seen his little head). Could it just be extra skin?

Never have I heard of turtling being anything but natural. How can it be a bad thing or a sign of anything negative? Since I've become part of the PE community I've read personal opinions that this should be avoided and we should wrap to hinder this from happening but most of the logic from those opinions are for aesthetics reasons.

Now that we are 'exercising' our penises are we to interpret each shrinking/turtling episode to be a cause of overworking or doing something wrong during our workouts? If so, where is the physical/medical/scientific evidence?

Be honest guys, is there a man here within the PEgym community that has not 'naturally' turtled throughout his whole life? I mean really, that's what the penis does.

Angus

Comment

Working...
                              X