Measuring from the bottom vs topside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring from the bottom vs topside

Measuring from the bottom is going to be shorter due to balls, but measuring from the top is longer so that makes me ask the question how do you get a proper measurement when it comes to what your actually interesting. Second question my penis curves downward so when I measure it with a straight ruler itís shorter but when I use sewing tape and just lay it on my penis all the way to the tip itís about an half inch longer ? What am I doing wrong

Preferred measuring is erect, pressed to pubic bone / fatpad on top, to tip of glans using a hard ruler. It doesn't really matter how you measure so long as it's consistently done the same way for comparative purposes (in estimating actual gains in length). "Insertable penis length" is generally accepted as a topside measurement, since the angle of penetration and depth goes to the root of your penis on the topside, (pelvic bone to pelvic bone) during coitus.
    Last edited by jockinthebox; 07-27-2017, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Good to ask & know.
      When you decide how you will measure, use that same method every time. I always find getting the same amount of erection was the (pun alert) Hardest part.
      Valued Member of 11 years at the PEGym
      Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

When you measure, do you place the ruler directly on the base of the penis, or just slightly above? Cause when I place it directly on I feel like I'm not hitting the pubic bone and sometimes feel a little pain afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by MeWorldwide88 View Post
          When you measure, do you place the ruler directly on the base of the penis, or just slightly above? Cause when I place it directly on I feel like I'm not hitting the pubic bone and sometimes feel a little pain afterwards
          Slightly above. Just make sure your placing it at the same part of the pubic bone every time.

Comment

Originally posted by jockinthebox View Post
            "Insertable penis length" is generally accepted as a topside measurement, since the angle of penetration and depth goes to the root of your penis on the topside, (pelvic bone to pelvic bone) during coitus.
            Or Pelvic bone to Coccyx, as the case may be.

While I use a hard ruler, I also have a fairly straight penis with only a slight downward bend. If you have more of a bend, I think that it is entirely acceptable to use sewing tape to measure. As has been said, the key is consistency, how you measure each time needs to be the same if you want the measurements to tell you anything.
            Starting (20 JUL 2012)
            BPFSL: 7.5"
            BPEL: 6.75"
            EG: 4.75"
            Current (8/3/17)
            BPFSL: 8.7"
            BPEL: 8.1"
            MEG: 5.5"
            BEG: 5.5"

Short Term Goal:
            8.25 BPEL
            5.75 MEG