Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding a potential negative PI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding a potential negative PI?

Hello all.

Since I've been doing PE religiously, I have noticed when I'm taking a poop and I push pee tends to spurt out of my penis. It's very annoying as I usually get some pee on my boxers. Is this due to a negative PI? Have I created a pelvic imbalance? I've been doing about 200 kegels every other day throughout the day.

I know that Kegels are basically when you try to stop your pee from coming out and it rises a little. I can see the muscle contract above the penis.

I've read a ton of stuff about reverse kegels but I still have no clue how to perform them. From what I understand, you're basically squeezing your cheeks and exhaling? Could someone give me a link to a very detailed example?

Thanks a ton - any information is greatly appreciated.
    Just tryin' to gain

RK to my understanding is pushing as if to piss forcefully. Like you did as a young boy trying to see how far you can spray your pee.
    Squeezing my cheeks would make it harder for me to RK.
    Next time you piss try pushing it out more forcefully. Then when you're done, try to repeat the push lightly to get the feel of it.
    If you have been doing 200 kegels every other day with no RKs, you may have developed PF tightness, making it more difficult to RK properly.
    If you have difficulty with the RKs, you should consider hindi squats and some Yoga poses that help to stretch the PF and help improve awareness of your PF.
    It's not a fast process, so like most anything PE related it takes time, practice and consistent effort.
    Hope this helps in some way.
    Aug 2012: BPEL: 6.25", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5.25"
    Jan 2016: BPEL: 6.75", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5 3/8"
    4/16/16 BPEL: 7.0", BPSF: 7 7/16"", MEG:5.5

Comment

Originally posted by domnus View Post
      RK to my understanding is pushing as if to piss forcefully. Like you did as a young boy trying to see how far you can spray your pee.
      Squeezing my cheeks would make it harder for me to RK.
      Next time you piss try pushing it out more forcefully. Then when you're done, try to repeat the push lightly to get the feel of it.
      If you have been doing 200 kegels every other day with no RKs, you may have developed PF tightness, making it more difficult to RK properly.
      If you have difficulty with the RKs, you should consider hindi squats and some Yoga poses that help to stretch the PF and help improve awareness of your PF.
      It's not a fast process, so like most anything PE related it takes time, practice and consistent effort.
      Hope this helps in some way.
      Firstly, I appreciate the reply. I've been doing hindi squats spontaneously. I only do them for about a minute at a time. I'm very active in the gym and am very flexible. I'm able to do the full hindi squat. I feel virtually the same thing when I attempt kegels and reverse kegels. I even see the muscle above the penis contract during each.

If you don't mind me asking a few questions: How long are you supposed to stay in the hindi squat? Also, what are some other yoga exercises that I can perform to correct this? Finally, would it be intelligent to simply do these yoga positions other than RK's?
      Just tryin' to gain

Comment

If you feel the same thing doing kegels and RKs then there is a problem in my opinion. With kegels you should feel as though your pelvic floor lifts. When you do a proper RK, you shoulder feel the PF depress or push downward.
        I'm an avid runner and lift weights, stretch everyday before work and during the evening after work. I felt flexible as well until I realized my PF was not flexible.
        Like you, I was doing a lot of kegels throughout the day and was doing 20-30 second holds with no RK work. I wasn't having problems with pre-E but as I started reading about RKs here in the gym, I started trying to practice these. That is when I learned that I had significant PF tightness and IKs almost constantly. I had made my PF so strong with kegels that I was staying clinched most of the time without realizing it.
        Once I learned how to RK properly, I then started working on hindi squats and trying to perform a constant RK while holding the full squat. This was extremely difficult with hindi squats, so I went to a less intense stretch, childs pose to allow me to focus on the RK during the stretch to relax/prevent the IKs I feel when trying to stretch the PF.
        Once able to hold a light RK with childs pose, I started working in more hindi squats until I could keep the PF relaxed while holding the full squat.
        I'm currently able to hold a hindi squat for 5 minutes at a time and keep the PF relaxed. If I feel IKs in full hindi, I perform an RK to stop the IKs until I can just keep the PF relaxed. That is my goal, keep the PF relaxed during full hindi. I can do the RK during hindi, but for me its more difficult to just keep everything relaxed in full hindi than to RK during hindi.
        My hip and LE flexiblity was good before I started hindi squats, but I learned that meant little in terms of my PF tightness, and it meant even less in terms of my ability to CONTROL my PF.
        Pegasus is the gym expert on PF issues, maybe he will chime in on this thread if I have offered you incorrect info. Thats my experience with my PF, hopefully others can offer some help on how to assist you in performing RKs properly because in my opinion you are not currently. Kegels and RKs should not feel the same.
        Aug 2012: BPEL: 6.25", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5.25"
        Jan 2016: BPEL: 6.75", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5 3/8"
        4/16/16 BPEL: 7.0", BPSF: 7 7/16"", MEG:5.5

Comment

Oh it s problem ....maybe you need take a break from training....

Comment

With a proper RK, you'll feel your anus relax & "pulse" a bit...that's the best way I know to describe how it feels to me.

Comment

Donnie is spot on. A good place to look for stretching excersizes is how to relax the Psoas muscle. Build a stretching program around these. Hindi Squats can be used as quick up downs like you are doing. Better is working up until you are staying down for 10 minutes at a time. If you are pushing urine and feces out then you are performing a Reverse Kegels. It is good for finding the muscles, but it is better if you can relax and not push feces and urine out. Too much pushing can cause problems also.
              ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Working...
              X